• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lodging near Mt. Snow

RISkier

Looking for lodging recommendations near Mt. Snow. We used to stay at the Nordic Hill Lodge which we liked but I guess we drove it out of business. Stayed at the Kitzhof (SP?) once and the walls were paper thin. Looking for something that's clean, quiet, and comfortable.

skifree

+1 I stayed their a few years ago very cheap and sauna down stairs definitely recommended it.

+2 on snowlake. but not quiet at all. weekends its like a college frat house. location /price and free breakfast make it a good choice.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I went to a NORBA mt bike event in the late 90's (Back when NORBA was still not under USA Cycling's wing) and I think we stayed in Wilmington at a pub area. It was on top of a bar. I couldn't sleep because the bar was so loud.

Might have been The Vermont House. I really can't recall. I just remember I was like 16 years old and some kids outside held me and my friend up at knifepoint for money.

dmw

I went to a NORBA mt bike event in the late 90's (Back when NORBA was still not under USA Cycling's wing) and I think we stayed in Wilmington at a pub area. It was on top of a bar. I couldn't sleep because the bar was so loud.

Might have been The Vermont House. I really can't recall. I just remember I was like 16 years old and some kids outside held me and my friend up at knifepoint for money.

Sounds like a great recommendation!

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
+3 on Snow Lake.

Cheap, free breakfast (I believe), and MOOver shuttle stop in front of the hotel. It's also a 10 minute walk to the Sundance Lodge, if you wanna rough it.
The Lodge at Mount Snow was really nice when I stayed there 3 years ago. I believe it was 115$ per night for 2 nights with 2 people. Now it's over 150$ a night :sadwalk:
Used to be the cheapest near the mountain. The bar/restaurant that they have is really good and lively.

RISkier

I hope you can remember the name cause we really want to go there.

Edd

I am so there also.

RISkier

As I recall we actually stayed at the Snow Lake lodge one night. Seemed kind of dorm like for old farts, as I recall. I'm actually looking for a place to stay for the my 60th birthday. Not looking for super cheap. But I cringe at spending big $ on rooms when about all we do is ski all day, have dinner and a couple of beers, and fall asleep. Nordic Hill Lodge was just right for us. Definitely going to look at The Lodge at Mount Snow. Any other suggestions, except maybe Nick's would be most appreciated.

Edd

I stayed at the Snow Lake lodge last year. The lady had a conference to go to there so we skied a couple of days. It was cool because they did fireworks for the conference and we could watch them from the lodge in the motel but.....not exactly a nice place. Totally works if you just want to lay your head down and not get held up at knifepoint.