• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Kid Stoke

wa-loaf

Wavewheeler

I started my daughter at age 7. I would've gotten her started earlier but she broke her arm when she was 6 so that delayed things a bit. I started her off in ski school and one day she asked me "if we could ski together". After a few seasons she became my ski buddy and now we pretty much do the same trails together.

These are pics from our first time up at Killington when she was around 10. She's 19 now and just got a brand new set of skis w/bindings and boots so I expect she'll be kicking my ass soon enough. We are up here at Killington right now looking forward to skiing this week and enjoying some quality time together doing what we've loved doing for over a decade. :)

Skiing with your kids is nothing short of awesome. I am so glad to be able to do this with my daughter. One day I hope to do it with my grandchildren as well. :)

Attachments

• 300733_109486009246294_1063764775_n.jpg
    300733_109486009246294_1063764775_n.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 540161_109487965912765_899928578_n.jpg
    540161_109487965912765_899928578_n.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

steamboat1

I started my daughter at age 7. I would've gotten her started earlier but she broke her arm when she was 6 so that delayed things a bit. I started her off in ski school and one day she asked me "if we could ski together". After a few seasons she became my ski buddy and now we pretty much do the same trails together.

These are pics from our first time up at Killington when she was around 10. She's 19 now and just got a brand new set of skis w/bindings and boots so I expect she'll be kicking my ass soon enough. We are up here at Killington right now looking forward to skiing this week and enjoying some quality time together doing what we've loved doing for over a decade. :)

Skiing with your kids is nothing short of awesome. I am so glad to be able to do this with my daughter. One day I hope to do it with my grandchildren as well. :)

That's great, hope it lasts.

Started my daughter at 4 & she became a great skier. We skied a lot together & I thought I had a ski buddy.

Off to college 6 years ago & she hasn't skied since.

Now graduated & working her ass off, not much free time.

She said she wants to ski again this year.

Here it is the middle of Jan. & nothing so far.

wa-loaf

From my kids first time out this year: They are 7 and 10 this year.
kidski.jpg

My son giving Bviberts son a hand a couple years ago
bvert.jpg

Wavewheeler

That's great, hope it lasts.

Started my daughter at 4 & she became a great skier. We skied a lot together & I thought I had a ski buddy.

Off to college 6 years ago & she hasn't skied since.

Now graduated & working her ass off, not much free time.

She said she wants to ski again this year.

Here it is the middle of Jan. & nothing so far.

:( That happens. I'm encouraged because my daughter took the birthday money I gave her and bought skis. I make it a point to take her and one reason I came up here now in less than good conditions was to spend quality time with her. The older they get the harder it is as they get their own life. :( We will have to see what she does when she graduates in 2 years. She and I might be going our separate ways..or not. Not sure. It's all up in the air.

Right now she still loves skiing. She is trying to organize a ski trip for her college buddies and she didn't hesitate when I told her I was making a midweek run out to Camelback for a day trip in 2 weeks. She said "I have only one class that day I can miss, can I come?" Encouraging! :)

When I was in college my father stopped skiing with me (he got into golf instead :( ) so I went with my boyfriend, then with friends and learned to enjoy solo skiing but I always hoped I could get at least one of my kids into skiing. When my daughter was 5 I made plans to start my daughter in ski school. Her broken arm derailed that for a bit but she loved it from the start and has been doing it ever since. I lucked out and we've had a great time together skiing.

She also likes four wheeling with me. Can't get her into hiking though. Oh well.

I have a 16 yr old son too. He can't stand snow and loves video/computer games. We've played World of Warcraft and laser tag together. Good thing I'm flexible. :)

Last edited:

Savemeasammy

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1439335427.544723.jpg
I guess I'm not the only one in the house who is looking forward to ski season!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app