• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cardigan Firescrew Loop

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Well ... sort of. I underestimated our exit time by over an hour. I had figured we be out sometime during the twilight. It was pitch black by the time we were done because there was no moon. I brought headlamps thinking we'd need them toward the last mile or so. We hiked three miles in the dark - maybe two in complete darkness. The lamps really saved our butts.

Cannonball

Fantastic! Nice trip. If you want to ski that this year let me know. I've skied a portion of that. Would love to do the full thing with someone who knows the route well.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I skied the Duke trail last year but didn't get up to the snowfields. Too icey on the upper cone that day. I've drooled over the Alexandria trail for too long. I'll let you when I'm going. Most likely be spur of the moment kind of thing.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

Cannonball

Skied most of the Alexandria a couple years ago. Ran into some rain before the top, so we came down a little earlier than planned. But the trail is classic and have been dying to do it again.

Bumpsis

The idea of skiing the Alexandria trail is on my "to do" list. I don't have any rando equpiemnt nor do I tele, but I'm willing snow shoe up with my dowhill gear on my back. So here are the questions that perhaps you can help me with:

Is the shlep up longer or the same as up to Tuckermans Ravine? Just someting for a reference since I've the done latter.
What trail would you recommend I snowshoe up? I'm sure that Alexandria ski trail is only for down traffic only during full ski season.
Are the any extensive flat sections of Alexandria where my alpine set up would be a significant setback?