Ascutney Mountain Sold!

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Ascutney Mountain Sold!

Ascutney Auctioned to high bidder - Title Free and Clear. I am not sure what this means, anyone hear anything?

Aren't they missing a lift?
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

No HSQ but everything else is there. Gonna have to do some research on this one. Good find manhattanskier!
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Yeah, they sold their high speed quad to Crotched Mountain. There is only a few trails that are only served by that lift so there is very little loss, it also slightly raised their vertical feet.

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    No HSQ but everything else is there. Gonna have to do some research on this one. Good find manhattanskier!
    I was really surprised, thank you internet this video is less then 24 hours old lol Hope they reopen!

Quote Originally Posted by manhattanskier View Post
    I was really surprised, thank you internet this video is less then 24 hours old lol Hope they reopen!
    Yeah was just going to ask if they are going to push for an opening this season. It would be a tough one...but I'd rather see them have a soft opening this season and get something going again.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Another high point on the roller coaster life of Ascutney. Never skied there, but what caused this place to fail? Twice, correct?
    2019-2020 2 days and counting...
    Killington: 11/15 Mount Snow: 11/27
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

And "free and clear" means that the resort was sold to a new owner...without all the debts and legal issues that it had (generally speaking). So the new folks can do with it as they want.

Looks/sounds like it will reopen!
    Live, Ski, or Die!

HERE is a short but fairly good history of Ascutney. I would imaging that it would take a lot of $ to get the mountain operational again, probably a lot more than it would ever generate.

On a side note, I really enjoyed riding Ascutney's HS quad at Crotched last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    Another high point on the roller coaster life of Ascutney. Never skied there, but what caused this place to fail? Twice, correct?
    First time was the real estate bubble/1990's recession.

Second time was because the ownership/management was just piss poor.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information