Hike Jay Whales? - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    snowmonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In my mind, northern New England
    Posts
    4,066
    I hope you went for it, Huck it. If I lived there, you know I would.

    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - H. D. Thoreau

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmonster View Post
    I hope you went for it, Huck it. If I lived there, you know I would.
    Haven't yet. It's my backup plan if Killington doesn't open top to bottom by Saturday.

  3. #13
    Newpylong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upper Valley, NH
    Posts
    2,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck_It_Baby View Post
    Haven't yet. It's my backup plan if Killington doesn't open top to bottom by Saturday.
    You may be in luck. Looks like they are pounding down to the base. http://www.killington.com/winter/mul...cam/index.html

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    You may be in luck. Looks like they are pounding down to the base. http://www.killington.com/winter/mul...cam/index.html
    I saw this. Hard to tell how much progress but fingers crossed!

  5. #15
    From Jay's facebook page:

    Cory Maloney: you guys wont hit me if i hike and ski this a few times will ya?

    Jay Peak Resort: We don't know what you're talking about Corey...

    Cory Maloney: Thatll do then

  6. #16
    fbrissette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Montreal/Jay Peak
    Posts
    1,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck_It_Baby View Post
    A photo from Jay FB page showing some decent snow making built up.

    I'm contemplating hiking it. Jay has a very Liberal uphill policy though I'm not sure if they would be cool with people skiing around snow making ops. Or if the snow would even be worth it. Ungroomed man-made can be questionable.

    Attachment 9459
    Done it last couple of years. Shitty skiing but worth it just for the sake of being out there. Not sure I would drive for that however.

    I've skinned up Vermonter early in the morning last year while they were shooting full blast (foggy and windy morning, did not know untill I got there) and passed crews with snowmobiles. They did not give a damn and barely looked at me.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by fbrissette View Post
    Done it last couple of years. Shitty skiing but worth it just for the sake of being out there. Not sure I would drive for that however.

    I've skinned up Vermonter early in the morning last year while they were shooting full blast (foggy and windy morning, did not know untill I got there) and passed crews with snowmobiles. They did not give a damn and barely looked at me.
    Cool! Thanks for chiming in on this. I didn't think the crews would be too concerned.

  8. #18

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by JPTracker View Post

    Yeah saw this! Awesome!

  10. #20
    Yeah buddy! If I lived up that way I would be there too!
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

    2016-2017 target - 50

    If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:44 AM.