• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hike Jay Whales?

Huck_It_Baby

A photo from Jay FB page showing some decent snow making built up.

I'm contemplating hiking it. Jay has a very Liberal uphill policy though I'm not sure if they would be cool with people skiing around snow making ops. Or if the snow would even be worth it. Ungroomed man-made can be questionable.

Jay.jpg

Huck_It_Baby

It doesn't take me that long to get to Jay and I'm just toying with the idea at this point and wondering what others think.

crank

We ducked some ropes at Jay early season last year and skied some whales there. Was a fun adventure but not great skiing.

crank

Nobody saw us. We did come across a groomer at work but he was below us and we kept cutting across to skier's left...I am sure he was unaware we were there.

freeski919

I'm sure the residents of Jay would not appreciate you referring to them as whales, no matter how accurate the description may be for some.

tnt

If I lived close, sure, why not? Would be fun.

If they tell you to scram, grab a beer and head home.

Domeskier

I'm sure the residents of Jay would not appreciate you referring to them as whales, no matter how accurate the description may be for some.

I think that any resident of Jay who can, in fact, be "hiked" will have heard worse.

giantfan

From Jay's facebook page:

Cory Maloney: you guys wont hit me if i hike and ski this a few times will ya?

Jay Peak Resort: We don't know what you're talking about Corey...

Cory Maloney: Thatll do then

fbrissette

A photo from Jay FB page showing some decent snow making built up.

I'm contemplating hiking it. Jay has a very Liberal uphill policy though I'm not sure if they would be cool with people skiing around snow making ops. Or if the snow would even be worth it. Ungroomed man-made can be questionable.

View attachment 9459

Done it last couple of years. Shitty skiing but worth it just for the sake of being out there. Not sure I would drive for that however.

I've skinned up Vermonter early in the morning last year while they were shooting full blast (foggy and windy morning, did not know untill I got there) and passed crews with snowmobiles. They did not give a damn and barely looked at me.

Huck_It_Baby

Done it last couple of years. Shitty skiing but worth it just for the sake of being out there. Not sure I would drive for that however.

I've skinned up Vermonter early in the morning last year while they were shooting full blast (foggy and windy morning, did not know untill I got there) and passed crews with snowmobiles. They did not give a damn and barely looked at me.

Cool! Thanks for chiming in on this. I didn't think the crews would be too concerned.