• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington

canobie#1

High line trail is up. I herd from a friend up there that they are prepping the canyon quad for the weekend. I would be shocked if it opened this early.

steamboat1

According to their website they're now blowing lower East Fall & Cascade run out. Might see the Canyon quad running by the weekend. Also I read the guns are lined up & ready to go on Cascade. They're also blowing Highline Race Trail, they were blowing on that for the two days I was there last week so they already have a head start. Guns are on on Snowshed again also, that looked like it was ready to go last week so it shouldn't need much.
"For Friday morning, look for the ropes to drop on the crowd-favorite Highline trail.

Which brings us to the weekend: we expect to add Lower East Fall, Cascade Runout, Snowshed, and the Canyon Quad Chair by Saturday morning. That's healthy dose of new trails and new lifts to get you stoked for the weekend. Well see you out there."

:thumbup:

C-Rex

Sounds like tomorrow will be good. I'm going to try to make it up but so far I'm striking out finding a partner. Not that I wouldn't go solo but I'd prefer not to have to drive 3 hours home with only the radio to keep me awake. My kingdom for a friend that's at least as dedicated to skiing/riding as I am.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
"For Friday morning, look for the ropes to drop on the crowd-favorite Highline trail.

Which brings us to the weekend: we expect to add Lower East Fall, Cascade Runout, Snowshed, and the Canyon Quad Chair by Saturday morning. That's healthy dose of new trails and new lifts to get you stoked for the weekend. Well see you out there."

Nice to see the canyon come in play!

dlague

A little concerned about the rain this morning and later today before the switch to snow. I am hoping that when it switches they get several inches over night, combined with snow making should not be an issue. Will check things out first thing Saturday.

MadMadWorld

A little concerned about the rain this morning and later today before the switch to snow. I am hoping that when it switches they get several inches over night, combined with snow making should not be an issue. Will check things out first thing Saturday.

Ugh the R word! It's the equivalent of the C word to women.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AlpineZone mobile app

Smellytele

Let us know I am heading there Sunday for the deep freeze.

steamboat1

Next trip Dec. 5-8. Whatever it is it will be.

I'll hit Stowe on the 6th (ski club ticket).

"Da Boyz" will be up Fri. night.

50/50 chance we'll make it to K Sat.

Last edited:

C-Rex

Im free on Wed/Thurs....just saying. Not always flush with cash but its worth a shot...

I'll hit you up. I can always use more people to ride with and I can usually get lift ticket deals.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Smellytele

I was there today and it wasn't bad. The Superstar side was a wind blown hell but snowden was nice. They got about 4 inches of fresh over night. heard reports about Saturday that it was all pretty much a scraped off frozen hell.

C-Rex

I wanted to go today but decided to check out the Hartford Ski and Sun travel expo and watch football instead.

How were the temps and wind? Those were my main reason for wussing out. I can handle cold if its worth dealing with it, but I'm a little pickier for early season offerings.

Got a couple cool t-shirts and a ton of stickers at the expo. And of course I signed up for every ski weekend they were raffling off.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk