• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter Snowmaking?

JimG.

Staff member
Webcam shows the rain letting up and coverage looks good still. With 30 hours of snowmaking, it should be good. Lets hope they let the water drain out of it before they groom!

Hopefully picking up new gear on Friday, so I might not be at Hunter until Sat.

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
My daughter went over there this morning to poach some turns............got kicked off after a little bit by ski patrol who are skiing, lift's going!! Those bastards LOL, so I have no worries that they will be open Friday morning, it's 33.1 at my house in Jewett. No more rain falling.

goldsbar

Bit of a thread hijack - I might have to take back part of my comment on Belleayre about them being really slow to open compared to Hunter. If their website is correct, they're actually scheduled to have a few trails top-to-bottom (sort of) on opening day.

ScottySkis

Bit of a thread hijack - I might have to take back part of my comment on Belleayre about them being really slow to open compared to Hunter. If their website is correct, they're actually scheduled to have a few trails top-to-bottom (sort of) on opening day.

That looks to be true but NY state finances Bell snow making.

ScottySkis

You mean "we" finance it! :(

Yes we the tax payers of NY state fiancee Bell snow making , and Bell starts making snow before the others private owned Catskills hills do, making hard to compete and hurts business of small business big time.

Hawkshot99

Yes we the tax payers of NY state fiancee Bell snow making , and Bell starts making snow before the others private owned Catskills hills do, making hard to compete and hurts business of small business big time.

Does bell make money or lose money? If they make 1 dollar and im guessing they do, then the people of NY are not financing anything.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

ScottySkis

Does bell make money or lose money? If they make 1 dollar and im guessing they do, then the people of NY are not financing anything.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

I hope there making money I don't know I don't ski their you know were I ski if I am by Bell not Bell.

dmc

This is a Scotty Vortex.... :)

Been snowing a lot here - heading out to hang and find out what's going on out there..

SnowRock

Burning a vacation day tomorrow... with this weather does it make sense for me to try and get up to Hunter for my first day of the season for any folks that have been out recently?

ScottySkis

Burning a vacation day tomorrow... with this weather does it make sense for me to try and get up to Hunter for my first day of the season for any folks that have been out recently?

I think DMC and few others had fun their. I think several trails should be open.