Killington Nov 17 2013 ... Springish... and now I can prove my speed - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I approve of this thread!

76 mph on early season crowded slopes with low visibility, you are definitely one of the safer skiers on the mountain.

I use an app called Alpine Replay. I'm not sure about it's accuracy, either, but since I don't think I've ever seen it log me in at over 40 mph (except when I forgot to log off before driving home!), I tend to believe it. Maybe you could run a few apps while you ski and compare notes? 70+ mph is a crazy fast sort of speed downhill racers reach.

On your right!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Ski patrol didn't stop me. I slowed down and he said nice skiing and I told him id probably slow down I was just trying out the new app.
    Haters gotta go get some turns in n relax. I'm a fairly expert skier and not out of control even once today.

Can't deny being a little crazy but I'm probably one of the safer skiers around esp when it comes to other people. Killington was not crowded today, there were several clear shot opportunities. This was one of those days you could stop on a dime.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AlpineZone mobile app
    if a ski patrol saw you do this and did not do anything then that patroller should be fired immediately.

Where on Snowdon was this speed achieved?
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Chute was the trail. Uncrowded and straight. The patrol saw me skiing fast but also there was nobody around and I was carving the turns not like in a full tuck.

tt431.. nice! haha

If the ski tracker ever gives me a number over like 90... which is like probably the max I could go in a full tuck down Berkshire East in perfect conditions.. I wouldn't believe it. Until then, seems legit. I guess you guys don't know I used to be a (not really that good) racer. Sucked at slalom but super G seemed more up my alley.

Chute was the trail. Uncrowded and straight. The patrol saw me skiing fast but also there was nobody around and I was carving the turns not like in a full tuck.

tt431.. nice! haha

If the ski tracker ever gives me a number over like 90... which is like probably the max I could go in a full tuck down Berkshire East in perfect conditions.. I wouldn't believe it. Until then, seems legit. I guess you guys don't know I used to be a (not really that good) racer. Sucked at slalom but super G seemed more up my alley.
    The pitch of Chute with the snow conditions yesterday, there is no way that was real. What part of Chute? The lower section has a lot of traffic and fences to slow traffic also. I was there until 2PM yesterday.

Also, I would not refer to myself as a safe skier. I call bullshit again.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

No dog in this spat-- but having skied Okemo in the fog/mist/soft snow yesterday... seems unlikely-- I have gotten some really crazy readings from my GPS also-- I maxed out upper 30's (if that-again the science is imperfect) yesterday and with the vis it was as fast as I felt I could responsibly go...but if you did it good for you... glad I wasnt anywhere near ya though....and 90 ain't happening... that is les arcs fast

If the ski tracker ever gives me a number over like 90... which is like probably the max I could go in a full tuck down Berkshire East in perfect conditions.. I wouldn't believe it. Until then, seems legit.
    Dude just posted 139 mph, well more than any downhiller and approaching the all time record of 156 mph (set with ridiculous speed suits on ridiculously safe courses), and YOU need to get over 90 to believe that these apps don't actually measure your speed correctly?

Wow.

Thread Information