Killington Nov 17 2013 ... Springish... and now I can prove my speed - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Is this a video of your day at killington?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFnwPJxV_VA

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    I guess you guys don't know I used to be a (not really that good) racer. Sucked at slalom but super G seemed more up my alley.
    You skied 19 times last year, you raced a couple of times, and you're a "fairly expert skier" who thinks it's cool to try to set speed records on a crowded early season Killington fog day?

Let me know what ski areas you are skiing in advance so I can avoid those places at all costs.

Alpine Replay has always been way more accurate than the ski tracks app in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I said this in the other thread (haha) but I can regularly hit mid 50's on steeper stuff. That's with a few turns. I do start to get a bit nervous at that speed.

I wish we had some video or a screenshot of your app

GPS can have errors but usually they are pretty close for me.
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Anyone know how to calculate stopping distance on skis? 76 sounds a little dangerous to me.

It was the upper middle part before trails merge.

I watched the app while skiing a couple times there was never a weird speed spike. Guess we'll see.

I never said it wasn't slightly dangerous but the trail was wide open so no one else in danger

I posted a video from Berkshire east last year slaying the whole mountain you could see I was probably faster but not dangerous at all

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AlpineZone mobile app

Maybe you were on kmh- not mph? I use both ski tracks and alpine replay- and ski tracks almost always gives me a higher speed- but it isn't by too much- 2-3 mph

Nope mph.

Anyway so how many of you think this is dangerous skiing? This is me at Berkshire East last year. I think the speeds I hit were similar to at Killington, probably a little faster in this video actually.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Nope mph.

Anyway so how many of you think this is dangerous skiing? This is me at Berkshire East last year. I think the speeds I hit were similar to at Killington, probably a little faster in this video actually.

I will give you maybe 40mph in that video. What run was that? We have the time it took to get to the bottom and we can get the distance from google earth and give you an average speed.

BTW.

Bullshit!!!!!!!
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    GPS can have errors but usually they are pretty close for me.
    You guys need to read that epicski thread that was linked to. Consistent >20 mph difference btwn actual speed (by radar gun) and app - at low speeds. The skew is probably even greater at higher speeds. Plus, that guy posted 130mph. That alone should be enough to prove that the app is garbage.

If you really want to settle it, though, I'm sure someone going to the AZ Sugarloaf thing is a cop. Just have him bring a radar gun and then you can measure your dicks with it.

Thread Information