Killington Nov 17 2013 ... Springish... and now I can prove my speed - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Ski patrol didn't stop me. I slowed down and he said nice skiing
    After watching that video, I've decided that not only are his speed claims ridiculously bullshit, the above quote is the biggest lie in this thread.

Nobody is complementing your shitty turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    I will give you maybe 40mph in that video. What run was that? We have the time it took to get to the bottom and we can get the distance from google earth and give you an average speed.

BTW.

Bullshit!!!!!!!

Looking at that video - if that is 70+ MPH - then I regularly must hit about 100 MPH on some of the steeper runs at Sugarbush

Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2 View Post
    After watching that video, I've decided that not only are his speed claims ridiculously bullshit, the above quote is the biggest lie in this thread.

Nobody is complementing your shitty turns.
    You are right. The turns are not anyhting close to a super G turn even from this view. Also not even in a tuck and doing 70mph.

Bullshit yet again!!!!!!
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

This guy is funny. In a speed suit full tuck on DH skis you'd be lucky to hit 50 on Chute. If you hit 70 on those skis in that video you'd crap your pants as they'd be so unstable it's ridiculous. From that video I don't think you even hit 30.

skitrack.jpg

Maybe the app is totally bogus. I'm not trying to out race anyone I just like to rip down the hill and see if there's some way I can find out how fast I'm going.

Thanks for all the kind words anyway. Guess I'll take the speed thing out of my sig.

skitrack.jpg

Maybe the app is totally bogus. I'm not trying to out race anyone I just like to rip down the hill and see if there's some way I can find out how fast I'm going.

Thanks for all the kind words anyway. Guess I'll take the speed thing out of my sig.
    I have tucked Avalanche at Cannon from the cat track trail racing the Tram on my gs skis a few years ago.

And I did not even come close to 70mph. 50mph tops.

Get a new app. Cell phone service plays a key role in the calculation also. Try sticking your head out of your car window at 76mph and see if felt the same as yesterday.

BTW. Bullshit!!!!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

It's weird that the top speed clocks high yet the average speed clocks low at18.3 mph. I wonder what makes it spike in the max but not the average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Half the time the app was on, I was riding up a chairlift. As you can see from the graph.

Well I figured this would be somewhat controversial. Didn't expect so much hateraide. I'm not a liar about anything just posting my experience. I'll stop posting app results and try not to plow into you guys on the slopes.

This thread is outstanding.

Half the time the app was on, I was riding up a chairlift. As you can see from the graph.

Well I figured this would be somewhat controversial. Didn't expect so much hateraide. I'm not a liar about anything just posting my experience. I'll stop posting app results and try not to plow into you guys on the slopes.
    Did it feel like this?

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Thread Information