Killington Nov 17 2013 ... Springish... and now I can prove my speed - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Come to Berkshire East this year we'll see who gets down faster =)
    Who?

Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

You and anyone else. I don't give a sh*t about this highway star he sounds like even more of a bragger than me. I'm not trying to get myself killed just to prove a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    That was a good explanation. I would add that probably more accurate speed sensors use more than 2 data points and place them on a curve so it averages out, so your max speed is really the max speed you had over, say, at least a few seconds as opposed to that microsecond top speed.
    Right. The more data points used, the more accurate it will be, BUT then you are venturing towards average speed and farther from your true max speed since more often than not we only top out for a brief moment when skiing. What you need to get a accurate max speed is a high rate of data point collection AND an accurate measurement of distance, but any phone GPS I've seen so far is just not capable of those things.

Point is, if you want to truly know how fast you can go, have someone clock you with a radar gun. Or, if you had some good timing equipment, you could set up a speed trap at the bottom of a long steep run. That would be a cool feature to add to the Epic pass. It could read your RFID as you go through, measure your speed and then send the results to your account.
    DAYS ON THE SNOW
    2013-2014: 29
    2014-2015: 23 (so far)

Mount Snow: 11/27P, 12/20, 1/27P, 1/31, 2/13
    Stowe: 12/6P, 12/7
    Pico: 12/13P
    Smuggs: 1/9, 1/10, 1/11
    Berkshire East: 1/28, 3/2
    Killington: 2/6P, 2/7P
    Magic: 2/9P
    Stratton: 2/22P
    Plattekill: 3/1
    Jackson Hole: 3/19, 3/20, 3/21, 3/23, 3/24

I don't know Highway Star but I'll gladly ski off anyone in this thread who was raining on my little parade.
    You can ski me off anytime you want, bigboy!
    DAYS ON THE SNOW

You and anyone else. I don't give a sh*t about this highway star he sounds like even more of a bragger than me. I'm not trying to get myself killed just to prove a point.
    Why would I go all the way out to the Berkshires to prove something? I have nothing to prove. I know I can ski and don't brag about.
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Rex View Post
    You can ski me off anytime you want, bigboy!
    Does that require a room?

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

The local authorities and current etiquette generally encourage a private setting for such activities, yes.
    DAYS ON THE SNOW

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    Why would I go all the way out to the Berkshires to prove something? I have nothing to prove. I know I can ski and don't brag about.
    Alright well if you got nothing to prove maybe don't come into people's ski report threads calling BS Nannies on their speeds so much?

Maybe the GPS was off by 10mph but I skied fast. I usually do ski fast. It's alright.

People saying I took shitty turns down Berkshire East I'd like to see you slay that mountain any faster when it's all bumped up on the top half. Only possible faster way down is via Competition if you did a straight shot and that takes balls.

Alright well if you got nothing to prove maybe don't come into people's ski report threads calling BS Nannies on their speeds so much?

Maybe the GPS was off by 10mph but I skied fast. I usually do ski fast. It's alright.

You did not even hit 66mph. Nowhere near it. When you brag at least try to make it some what believable. I will call out anyone on crap. Even if you were doing 40 ish, it was dangerous.

So, bullshit.

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Put the money where the mouth is sometime this season. Sorry you think exceeding 40 is dangerous. Good thing ski patrol at Killington has a better sense of humor about things.

btw Rossi Phantom 185cm 80 waist. You got faster skis? These things are like hot rails at speed.
    Last edited by bdfreetuna; Nov 18, 2013 at 2:46 PM.

Thread Information