Killington Nov 17 2013 ... Springish... and now I can prove my speed - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 147
  1. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Put the money where the mouth is sometime this season. Sorry you think exceeding 40 is dangerous. Good thing ski patrol at Killington has a better sense of humor about things.
    I did not say 40 was dangerous by itself but given the conditions and the run. It was. And in regards to the ski patroller, he probably calculated your speed to much less than 66ish more like in the 30's.

    Next time also, pick a better run to say you went to ludicrous speed on than Chute. It is has a slope in degrees of 17 to 22. You need to be believable in your Bullshit.

    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

    SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

  2. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Only possible faster way down is via Competition if you did a straight shot and that takes balls.
    Seriously? You just said this? If you can hit "70+mph" on skis then staight-lining Competition is a walk in the park. No balls needed.

    Enter this. I bet you don't break 60mph

    http://www.jaydownhill.com/

  3. #73

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Gloucester, ME
    Posts
    1,099
    Wow, tough crowd. I don't buy 76 mph either, but it's not like it was made up. GPS sounds anyway like a pretty solid method of confirming one's speed. I am learning here that actually isn't the case, but not everyone is going to gave the technical knowledge to understand "data points" and whatnot.

  4. #74
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    10,231
    Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Put the money where the mouth is sometime this season. Sorry you think exceeding 40 is dangerous. Good thing ski patrol at Killington has a better sense of humor about things.

    btw Rossi Phantom 185cm 80 waist. You got faster skis? These things are like hot rails at speed.
    As long as you don't try to hit 75mph while consuming alcoholic beverages...because that would be dangerous.

  5. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverskier View Post
    Wow, tough crowd. I don't buy 76 mph either, but it's not like it was made up. GPS sounds anyway like a pretty solid method of confirming one's speed. I am learning here that actually isn't the case, but not everyone is going to gave the technical knowledge to understand "data points" and whatnot.

    Come on. You have to call the crap when you read it.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

    SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

  6. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by moguler6 View Post
    Seriously? You just said this? If you can hit "70+mph" on skis then staight-lining Competition is a walk in the park. No balls needed.

    Enter this. I bet you don't break 60mph

    http://www.jaydownhill.com/
    Usually that shit is kind of icey or skied off because of all the racers up top. Tucking the lower 3/4ths of the mountain via that route is usually cake.

    I'm done with racing... unless it's a ski off or with friends. I push myself too fast and am liable to get hurt. Learned my lesson after a dislocated shoulder a couple years ago. Usually don't try to ski that fast unless it's Berkshire East or somewhere I'm very familiar with the terrain or I'm trying out a new app or something.

  7. #77
    Tin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    ZooMass Slamherst
    Posts
    2,985
    There is only one way to settle this...



  8. #78
    Chinese Downhill FTW

  9. #79
    Oh what the heck, this could be fun.....I can offer up my LIDAR for an afternoon if people really want to have a ski off.....this would be just too good to pass up.

  10. #80
    There are skiers who ski fast!
    There are skiers who kill it in the glades.
    There are skiers that slay powder with ease.
    There are skiers that can laydown bumps like they are flat.
    There are skiers that put it up in the park with style.

    So what!

    I do it all (not the top in any category) and I challenge only myself - why? Because, being cocky just does not look good or sit well with most! If anyone is out there to make an impression so everyone thinks you are good then have fun with that!

    Can't we all just get along?
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

    2016-2017 target - 50

    If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:57 AM.