Killington Nov 17 2013 ... Springish... and now I can prove my speed

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Killington Nov 17 2013 ... Springish... and now I can prove my speed

Got up there like 9:45.. exceptionally fast drive cuz I put 91 octane in the Impreza Outback and my car was like trying to do wheelies the whole way, roads were clear.

Hit K1, skied some stuff of the north ridge. It was kinda slushy but nice. Springy. Visiblity was horrible, a really foggy day with some light drizzle. Nothing to get bummed out about but made it hard to see.

Interesting moments..

Meeting a group of kids from VT in the Gondi and apparently K has a new sign that says there may be law enforcement at the top of the Gondi so no smoking weed in the Gondi. We all thought that was stupid.

Meeting a bunch of guys from Columbia and Ecuador..

Eating lunch with a group from Quebec..

It's always something different at Killington.

So I got the Ski Tracker App and all you who said no way I hit 80mph+ at Sunnapee a couple years ago can now kiss my buttox because I got confirmed 76.4mph just going down Snowdon today. I took another faster run probably 82mph but I had the GPS off and I had to stop for ski patrol. And that's in low visability. Anyway. Proof's in the app!

Here's some pix.

IMG_20131117_120027.jpg1452548_629358637131942_21600774_n.jpg1455923_629315020469637_750938275_n.jpg1457516_629315053802967_467715441_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post

So I got the Ski Tracker App and all you who said no way I hit 80mph+ at Sunnapee a couple years ago can now kiss my buttox because I got confirmed 76.4mph just going down Snowdon today. I took another faster run probably 82mph but I had the GPS off and I had to stop for ski patrol. And that's in low visability. Anyway. Proof's in the app!

Thanks for the comedy. Those GPS apps are highly inaccurate and it's very unlikely that you can hit 75+ MPH in those conditions.

Seemed accurate to me, I was monitoring it all day. Several other runs I came in around 70 so it wasn't a fluke.

I guess some like to ski fast and some don't!

There is no section on Snowdon you could hit 60 and not plow into someone. I call "Bullshit".
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Highway Star is going to DEMAND a ski off...
    2018-2019

TBD

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    There is no section on Snowdon you could hit 60 and not plow into someone. I call "Bullshit".
    I completely agree, and if you did hit 76mph in the FOG today, with hundreds of people divided onto 10 trails, I call you crazy. No wonder ski patrol stopped you. There's a time for speeding, but not in the fog with tons of people.
    2019-2020 0 days and holding...
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Ski patrol didn't stop me. I slowed down and he said nice skiing and I told him id probably slow down I was just trying out the new app.
    Haters gotta go get some turns in n relax. I'm a fairly expert skier and not out of control even once today.

Can't deny being a little crazy but I'm probably one of the safer skiers around esp when it comes to other people. Killington was not crowded today, there were several clear shot opportunities. This was one of those days you could stop on a dime.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Last edited by bdfreetuna; Nov 17, 2013 at 8:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmywilson69 View Post
    Highway Star is going to DEMAND a ski off...
    👌😄

Only 76? Kinda weak

Thread Information