• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington Nov 17 2013 ... Springish... and now I can prove my speed

Bene288

Well this was entertaining through the day. I'm going to see if the ice rink will let me borrow a radar gun, I'll bring it to the Summit in February.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattchuck2

Website
skiequalsmc2.blogspot.com
People saying I took shitty turns down Berkshire East I'd like to see you slay that mountain any faster when it's all bumped up on the top half. Only possible faster way down is via Competition if you did a straight shot and that takes balls.

He's got to be just joking at this point, right? He challenges me to a ski off on Berkshire East?!?!

I mean it's just getting hilarious. 185cm Rossi Phantoms are the fastest ski, huh? Wow.

How old are you, buddy? 13?

bdfreetuna

I don't think I'm cocky I was just sayin what I thought it was based on the app. I'm sure some of you ski faster and better than me.

Probably mostly those are the ones that have been keeping their mouth shut ;)

And I'm always half joking otherwise what are we doing wasting our time here anyway?

dlague

I don't think I'm cocky I was just sayin what I thought it was based on the app. I'm sure some of you ski faster and better than me.

Probably mostly those are the ones that have been keeping their mouth shut ;)

And I'm always half joking otherwise what are we doing wasting our time here anyway?

I have no beef but I find that people on this forum are quick to challenge and correct.

Madroch

This was fun. the HS ski off references always get a giggle.... and the no thread is complete without the chinese downhill. I would love to get radar gunned- I don't ski fast but am always curious as to how fast I am actually going. My gps (both ski tracks and alpine replay) had me at 39 and change sunday-- and I know I wasn't going that fast-- but any faster in that fog is nucking futs....

Madroch

Where is that vid of the guy catching an edge and hitting the tree... that scares the crap out of me and I always think of that when I really want to let em run... that is why I am slow....

bdfreetuna

Where is that vid of the guy catching an edge and hitting the tree... that scares the crap out of me and I always think of that when I really want to let em run... that is why I am slow....

I probably tree ski as slow as most of you. But that's a lot of fun. Wide open trails is another story.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AlpineZone mobile app

Puck it

Cuz it was only apprently slightly bullshit, not the total bullshit storm tornado you made it out to be.

I would like to point out that you said you were going 76 by the app then 66 mph down Chute in the fog on wet snow with people.

bdfreetuna

I would like to point out that you said you were going 76 by the app then 66 mph down Chute in the fog on wet snow with people.

Wet snow is the quickest to stop in and safest to crash in. What's your point?

Congratulations anyway for being the last hold out trying to break my balls.

Madroch

The guy hitting the tree started mid trail- hooked an edge and went dead right into a tree....

Puck it

Wet snow is the quickest to stop in and safest to crash in. What's your point?

Congratulations anyway for being the last hold out trying to break my balls.

Wet snow is also the slowest. Were your skis tuned appropriately for the condition? Textured for the wet snow? Fluoro wax?

What part of Chute was it? Upper Chute or Lower Chute.
And thank you. Love to bust balls.

Come to Cannon sometime and we will show you around and see if you can keep up!

KevinF

Nope mph.

Anyway so how many of you think this is dangerous skiing? This is me at Berkshire East last year. I think the speeds I hit were similar to at Killington, probably a little faster in this video actually.

For the record, this is what 70mph looks like:

You're not going anywhere close to that fast.