• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bus trips on powder days?

KWRio23

Hey everybody,

I'm not buying a season pass this year, but I'd like to get at least a couple pow days in. I took a few bus trips last year (with New England Action Sports, out of Warwick RI), the prices were good and it was nice not to drive. Was thinking it might be a good option during big storms, esp. since me and my 2WD Honda have cheated death enough times already.

But I'm wondering: How reliable are these bus trips when it snows? Will they run on 6"/12"/12+" days? Obviously it'll vary from company to company, but if anyone has anything to share I'd love to hear it!

-- K

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I was supposed to go to Killington last Jaunuary the day after the snowstorm that gave southeastern CT 24+ inches...guess where my bus was coming from... :sadwalk:

Other than that, I've been lucky. I've been on ski trips where it snows 6 inches and the bus still get's home on time. My tip: Always have a backup plan to go to one of your local mountains if the bus get's cancelled.

cbackman

I've had a handful of awesome powder days taking a bus

Sent from my MB886 using AlpineZone mobile app

thetrailboss

Staff member
The only bus trip I took was a powder day at Loon in 2004 or 2005. So it worked for me. ;) Seriously though it was like a 6-12" storm. Nothing too bad.