• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowforecast.com is at again for Cannon

Puck it

WEDNESDAY↑25° -4c°↓9° -13c°MIDMTN
SKY CONDITION
Mostly cloudy with scattered snow showers
PRECIPITATION
50% chance for snow. (Potential precip: 1.4in, 35.5mm)

SNOW POTENTIAL
We are expecting 19 to 23 inches of snowfall (48 to 58cm)
WIND
From the NNW at 15 to 22 MPH.

MadMadWorld

WEDNESDAY↑25° -4c°↓9° -13c°MIDMTN
SKY CONDITION
Mostly cloudy with scattered snow showers
PRECIPITATION
50% chance for snow. (Potential precip: 1.4in, 35.5mm)

SNOW POTENTIAL
We are expecting 19 to 23 inches of snowfall (48 to 58cm)
WIND
From the NNW at 15 to 22 MPH.

Well if that is the case I might use the vouchers sooner than expected. Who knows though

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AlpineZone mobile app

ScottySkis

They're way off in the long term, and once it gets 2-3 days out, they manually override the feed and customize the forecast.

But now that Winn is gone, who knows.

I know it was great when he worked for them. I miss my personal weather forecaster.

Cannonball

Nothing against Winn, but it was like that with him as well. He explained it in an AZ thread last year when I posed the question to him. Something about default boxes that have to be individually unchecked. It was a fair and honest explanation. But the question remains... since when does the default = 2 feet of snow?? The default should be a generic 30 degrees and partly cloudy. I am totally done looking at their site. If they continually post that type of bogus info with zero QA how do you know what other elements on the site you can trust?

octopus

also the 50% chance of snow is interesting . so basically it might snow 23" or not at all?

Cannonball

There has been a staff turnover, which explains a lot. :(

Actually it was the same before the turnover (mentioned in this thread and discussed in several others). They just have a crappy template that generates too much bogus info and needs to be overridden with a lot of manual labor. At least that's how WinnChill explained it when it used to happen on his watch. If that's the case, they need a total overhaul that saves themselves effort and headache, and saves us the disappoint of having the treat yanked away.

ScottySkis

Actually it was the same before the turnover (mentioned in this thread and discussed in several others). They just have a crappy template that generates too much bogus info and needs to be overridden with a lot of manual labor. At least that's how WinnChill explained it when it used to happen on his watch. If that's the case, they need a total overhaul that saves themselves effort and headache, and saves us the disappoint of having the treat yanked away.

Winnchill is awesome forecasters for us for many Great runs. Will have to find a different website now.

skiberg

Gotta say, they proved very accurate over the past five days forecasting snow at Cannon.