• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dope-slap things I have done when skiing

Madroch

Put iPhone in breast jacket pocket- crashed and cracked a rib......

Savemeasammy

Put iPhone in breast jacket pocket- crashed and cracked a rib......

I cracked a rib last season in some bumps, but it never occurred to me that my phone might have been a contributing factor. I wear my phone on a string around my neck (so I don't lose it while using it on the lift...). Hmmm...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadMadWorld

Poaching powder, on an employee pass, under the chair.

Plan: Don't fall

Result: Nailed a buried main snow making supply line and double ejected into a superman face plant. Rushed to snap back in and didn't get the heal fully latched. Gained speed and pre-released for a second double eject superman face plant.

Lesson: Ski patrol closes trails for a reason

Haha that reminds me. When I was an instructor at Wachusett, I thought it would be fun to throw on the Orson (white polar bear) suit and go skiing with the kids. After awhile I got a little over confident and decided to make my skills into the park. I went off a jump and because seeing is so hard in those things, I overshot the landing and double ejected out of skis. I made sure to hold onto Orson's head as I slid down the mountain. It must have been hysterical to watch. The kids definitely got a kick out of it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AlpineZone mobile app

Cheese

Haha that reminds me. When I was an instructor at Wachusett, I thought it would be fun to throw on the Orson (white polar bear) suit and go skiing with the kids. After awhile I got a little over confident and decided to make my skills into the park. I went off a jump and because seeing is so hard in those things, I overshot the landing and double ejected out of skis. I made sure to hold onto Orson's head as I slid down the mountain. It must have been hysterical to watch. The kids definitely got a kick out of it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AlpineZone mobile app

Nice!

In an attempt to gain respect from my students I decided to demonstrate a "tickler" so pulled a spread eagle over a tree. The takeoff went a little off center line, a branch caught the inside of my pants and ripped out the seam from ankle to ankle. I had to ski the remainder of the run to the lodge with a drafty pair of pants that were littering the White Mountain National Forest with fiberfill. The kids definitely enjoyed the show and the looks from the skiers/riders we passed.

C-Rex

Jumped in my buddies car at 5am to catch first tracks on a pow day at killington. This was one of those huge December storms from a few years ago. Got to the access road before I realized I forgot my jacket. Ended up spending $150 for a coat off a clearance rack to salvage the day.

Now I always do the mental check list twice before leaving the house and again when I stop at Dunkin before hitting the highway.

wa-loaf

Oh, also. how could I forget. Falling from the loader at the Skyline at the Loaf

Wasn't going to bring it up again ...

My first season on night league I pole planted between my legs out of the start gate. Slid down on my face to the first gate.

SIKSKIER

Wasn't going to bring it up again ...

My first season on night league I pole planted between my legs out of the start gate. Slid down on my face to the first gate.
Almost the same for me.!st time night league racing I puss off hard out of the start and snap my (dh)pole and went head first into the 1st gate.

live2ski23

Thinking I could gap that mogul line during a no-rules race. I was wrong. Luckily I went into the trees feet first....

Madroch

Ok, I'll ask. How'd the phone make out?

Phone was fine... My rib still hurts on occasion two years later.... And it occurred on New Year's Eve afternoon- what a zoo at the hospital for cat scan...

Cheese

This one is right up there with the dumbest.I got to the top of the tram at Cannon and realized I left my skis at the bottom.

69 other skiers/riders didn't question that you forgot your gear? Damn! This stranger danger thing has gotten WAY out of hand.

Unless it was a powder day, then I totally understand their silence.