Dope-slap things I have done when skiing

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Dope-slap things I have done when skiing

Enough for dissing others. Time to dis ourselves!

True story. Put my boots on the wrong feet. Hurt like hell. Didn't realize it until I went to buckle them. Yes, it was a powder day.

You?
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Hitting a tree.

In college - driving up to Mount Snow in a snowstorm only to find everything was on wind hold and I drove back home. 6 hrs driving, no skiing.

In college - thinking I could teach my girlfriend (now wife) how to ski big mistake.
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Driving all the way to Pats Peak and realizing our son left his jacket at home...and then driving home, getting the jacket, and going back (almost 2 additional hours).
    Leaving demo skis on the rack at PCMR and getting them stolen.
    Sure I can think of others...

1. I've skied into countless creeks that have proved themselves not to be frozen yet.

2. Drinking Whiskey the night before a big storm only to ruin the following powder day.

Live and learn.

Standing in the lift line at Heavenly on a 1 foot pow day. Waiting for the lifts to start. Realized I don't have my goggles and had to give up a sweet spot in line to trudge back to the rental car to grab them. Just the anticipation of skiing pow turns me into a moron.

Breaking my ankle & blowing my ACL after hitting an obstruction on a closed trail.

In high school, my brother and I went to Sugarbush after a big early season storm. He kept ejecting out of his bindings for no reason. Because I knew everything about skiing at the time, I deduced it might be the boot. So instead of me trying my boots in his skis. We decided we would switch boots mid trail. Little did we realize it would be impossible to do this with both of our boots frozen. We both ended up having to ski on 1 ski to the bottom while each of us carrying a ski boot and ski. I learned quickly that skiing on 1 ski sucks when your in powder and wearing cotton socks. Needless to say, we didn't talk the rest of the day.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AlpineZone mobile app

Not me but my father once separated his skis to reduce the risk of theft. Went out later & couldn't find one of his skis. After waiting past the time the area closed he found another ski that was the same model as his but wasn't his ski. Evidently another person had separated their skis also & took the wrong one by accident. Wouldn't have mattered much but the skis weren't the same length.

In college, at Alpine Meadows off the Scott chair. Scoping out a cliff below me. While standing there, my feet get tangled up in some saplings. I fall forward, onto the ground, and proceed over cliff. Head first. Suffered serious injury to my pride in front of my buddies. All else was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    Not me but my father once separated his skis to reduce the risk of theft. Went out later & couldn't find one of his skis. After waiting past the time the area closed he found another ski that was the same model as his but wasn't his ski. Evidently another person had separated their skis also & took the wrong one by accident. Wouldn't have mattered much but the skis weren't the same length.
    This is funny.

Thread Information