• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Trails that are never open..

JPTracker

At Jay:
Sis Boom Bah - This was open so infrequently they took it off the trail map
Center section of Northwest Passage

MadMadWorld

Robin's Run at Smuggs is open more than the other trails mentioned but it is an awesome trail and it's disappointing when Liftline, Freefall, and Black Hole are open but it's not.

dmc

Yes it is but I can only ski it after nice amount of natural has fallen.

But the thread is "Trails that never open".... And it is open most of the year...

Why can't you ski it? Is it too challenging for you?

JPTracker

Yep, the two most wind swept parts of the mtn. Sis-boom-ba would have a 8 foot deep drift on the right side and be blown down to coral on the left.

It's interesting that on Jay's web site the picture in the Mountain tile is Sis Boom Bah.

Savemeasammy

At Jay:
Sis Boom Bah - This was open so infrequently they took it off the trail map
Center section of Northwest Passage

Out of curiosity, where is sis-boom-bah? I presume they took it off the map because it challenged their ability to be "100%"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edd

Flying Monkey at SR. I read that it's open sometimes but I have the worst luck catching it without a rope up.

JPTracker

Out of curiosity, where is sis-boom-bah? I presume they took it off the map because it challenged their ability to be "100%"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you get off the Tram go right toward the Face and Tuckerman Chutes. Keep going straight past the entrances and it brings you down to Northway. In the picture on the web site you can see the fence by the entrance to Big Jay. This trail is actually part of the Long Trail.

skiNEwhere

The Killington pico interconnect. Every time I've been at k its been closed

Riverskier

Flying Monkey at SR. I read that it's open sometimes but I have the worst luck catching it without a rope up.

Flying Monkey is open frequently midwinter, so you must just have bad timing. Bims Whim was brought up earlier in this thread and is also open frequently. Chutzpah and Hard Ball are probably open the least frequently at Sunday River, followed by Ruby Palace.

kcyanks1

When I was a kid growing up skiing Gore (1980s/90s), Upper Darby and Lower Steilhang were almost always closed. Later on they started making snow on the latter at times and now they may do so more regularly....I have hardly gone in recent years though.