• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 12/4

Tin

Made the trip up to Killington again since we had another 2 for 1 voucher to burn up and I had the day off from work. Got to the mountain at about 10 am and skied until 3:30 pm. Got a solid 20+ runs in. About half on the Superstar side and half off K1. Was able to ski most of the day without a jacket until some clouds came over at around 1:00. Highline was the run of the day by far with some decent bumps to ski on the lower right side after the fence. Superstar Headwall was skied off quickly and hard by noon. Middle Superstar, and the sides of East Fall and Lower Skyelark had some bumps forming on the sides with great soft snow. Powerline was a fun time as well, thin cover (no rocks sticking out yet), random piles of snow, and a few areas of running water made for a fun trip. They had guns firing on Cascade all day which made it quite loud in the gondola. They could have dropped the rope on it by easily by early afternoon but did not. Some poached it and I planned on it until I noticed a few ski patrol members waiting at the bottom of it after skiing it, not worth the talk. A great trip to Killington with some great things happening if you feel like being adventurous...(snow in the trees on Snowdon and the Ridge). Found a few sets of trees that had enough coverage to buzz through, others were not so productive and resulted in having to release and walk out.

Cascade White out
Cascade.jpg
Summit.jpgDowndraft.jpg

Sides of East Fall
East Fall.jpg
Powerline
Powerline.jpg

Last edited:

steamboat1

Cascade opened Thurs & was good. They closed it back down Fri-Sat after the rain/freeze Fri. morning but they put the guns back on. Didn't ski today so don't know if it reopened.