• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowboarder hits kid, kids father punches snowboarder (video)

dmc

So, we're not allowed to discuss mode of transport because some people are overly sensitive and might perceive the intent of the thread to be a bunch of skiers ragging on snowboarding?

There's an early life lesson that apply here:

"Don't judge a book by it's cover". In other words, read the thread before snapping to judgment. DMC did not. He just came in said

"I refuse to even watch this bs... Surprised you even posted this...

This place is weighted way too heavy with skiers to even get involved.....
F that..."

If the title was "Skier hits kid, father punches skier" and someone came in and posted:

"I refuse to even watch this bs... Surprised you even posted this...

This place is weighted way too heavy with snowboarders to even get involved.....
F that..."

The collective response would be the poster was being irrational and overly sensitive to a topic (skiing vs snowboarding) not even being discussed.

Look SOOORRRRY!!!
I read titles... thats what i do... And if i think it's BS - I skip it rather that confront people...So shoot me.... uuuugh...

I've walked into these traps that skiers set up all the time... I'm done with it...

If it makes you happy - I'll crack open the MAC and watch it...

dmc

We've had three or four threads over the last couple weeks about snowboarding in general. The wide, wide majority of the conversation has been civil, respectful, and entertaining. I've only seen two, maybe three posts, like the one above complaining about bias or "snowboard hate". Sorry, I just don't see it. I think folks here have been pretty chill.

And I think that the consensus, as said, has been that both these guys were idiots for one thing or another irrespective of what they had on their feet.

DUDE IT WAS THE FKCING TITLE!!!!
I'm trying to be good and not get involved in what has been a historically BS debate here...

get off your freaking high horse...

dmc

So what is your take on this DMC??!?

Why does everyone look to me?

I haven't had a chance to watch it... Just commented on the title.. Which made me NOT want to watch it and get involved...

dmc

"Teen hits little kid on slopes - punched by kid's father". See, by merely describing the teenager as a "snowboarder" you make it about snowboarding. Dmc's objection is justifiable when you label someone a snowboarder rather than what they really are - in this case - a somewhat out-of-control teen.

I don't care who his whom....
I only didn't want to post in a thread that would turn out... Well... Like this..
And I made this decision based upon the thread title..

And i felt i needed to comment on it... Because I am getting sick and tired of the 1990 attitude surfacing again..
And it does tnd to bubble up here with some of you guys... And frankly I just don't want to hear the BS from the usual sources...

i don't actually care as much as i did in the past...

deadheadskier

Staff member
I've walked into these traps that skiers set up all the time... I'm done with it...

So, sorry you feel AZ is full of evil skiers out to get you by setting traps. Tough world out there. :(

Seriously? I think that's the first time I've heard ANY snowboarder on here make that grievance known.

You guys are starting to get lame again...

People are lame because their sense of humor differs from yours? wow

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I tend to not read threads based on titles...
This is the title..
"Snowboarder hits kid, kids father punches snowboarder (video)"

Based upon this thread i drew the conclusion that it was indeed a guy punching another person. With no hint that it's anything but on slope violence.. Where people are obviously not chill... :)

And really.. this place is weighted to skiers... Don't even try to say it isn't... Snowboarders have to continually defend themselves during pile on threads...

carry on...

The only reason it's pertinent is so it's easier to see identify who is who in thevideo. Like , the guy in the Honda civic vs the guy in the Volkswagen

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AlpineZone mobile app

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
So if we have a thread like Skier does X that is biased towards snowboarders? Good to know.

dmc

So, sorry you feel AZ is full of evil skiers out to get you by setting traps. Tough world out there. :(

Seriously? I think that's the first time I've heard ANY snowboarder on here make that grievance known.

it happens... Sorry - I've been here a while and have taken shit from tons of skiers here...
And I've seen a TON of disrespect from both sides and i don't want to participate and feel offended when it bubbles up - especially when posted by the person that runs this place...

Maybe i did overreact - but it was based on the title of the thread and how based upon the past it would become anti this or that...

I don't expect you to understand...

People are lame because their sense of humor differs from yours? wow

No because it's not about political correctness..
I just want respect... whatever I'm doing..

Look - Just drop it... Or continue..

dmc

The only reason it's pertinent is so it's easier to see identify who is who in thevideo. Like , the guy in the Honda civic vs the guy in the Volkswagen

i didn't watch that video either...

dmc

So if we have a thread like Skier does X that is biased towards snowboarders? Good to know.

Whatever Nick... Really...

just look at the title that you posted...

And tell me that you can't possibly see why it would send a red flag up to someone that doesn't want to get involved in more of the skier/rider BS.... And cringes when he reads it...

dlague

Whatever Nick... Really...

just look at the title that you posted...

And tell me that you can't possibly see why it would send a red flag up to someone that doesn't want to get involved in more of the skier/rider BS.... And cringes when he reads it...

My family is made up of skiers and snowboarders and I did not read much into the title! That being said - I do not fault the snowboarder. Could he have used a little more caution - sure but hind sight is alway 20-20! The father in the other hand did a poor job both before and after and was wrong to charge up and smack the kid!

The fact is a snowboarder did run into a kid and the father did hit the snowboarder! How else would this be described - it does not place fault! I find some posters are reading to much in written word! A verbal conversation would not yield the same tensions!

deadheadskier

Staff member
it happens... Sorry - I've been here a while and have taken shit from tons of skiers here...
And I've seen a TON of disrespect from both sides and i don't want to participate and feel offended when it bubbles up - especially when posted by the person that runs this place...

So, what do you do? YOU try and turn it into a skiers vs snowboarders thread. No one else was trying to do that in this thread, only YOU.

Maybe i did overreact - but it was based on the title of the thread and how based upon the past it would become anti this or that...

I don't expect you to understand...

Then stop living in the past and get over it. It's been YEARS since there's been much if any of the 1990 era skiers vs snowboarders crap on here. 99% of the time they pop up, it's usually YOU bringing the fight. You're like a snowboarding Al Sharpton sometimes when it comes to this issue. You try and create an issue when none is present.

No because it's not about political correctness..
I just want respect... whatever I'm doing..

and this thread's existence disrespected you how again?

YOU, more than anyone need to get over the skier vs snowboarder thing. Sorry, it's been such a long, hard "fight" for you. Let it go......

You're like a snowboarding Al Sharpton ..

dmc on the slopes at hunter:

Snowboard8.jpg

twinplanx

So, what do you do? YOU try and turn it into a skiers vs snowboarders thread. No one else was trying to do that in this thread, only YOU.

Then stop living in the past and get over it. It's been YEARS since there's been much if any of the 1990 era skiers vs snowboarders crap on here. 99% of the time they pop up, it's usually YOU bringing the fight. You're like a snowboarding Al Sharpton sometimes when it comes to this issue. You try and create an issue when none is present.
YOU, more than anyone need to get over the skier vs snowboarder thing. Sorry, it's been such a long, hard "fight" for you. Let it go......

The AS reference literally made me lol Internet Gold!!

The visual reference just elevated this thread to "Classic" status!!

Just want to say, that for the record, I think the snowboarder is the victim here. Shit happens. Dad lost it!!
Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

Last edited: