• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Okemo 12/8/13

4aprice

Date: 12/8/13

Condtions: Pretty much hard pack, minor death nuggets

Trip Report:

Day 2 of the season at Okemo. Boots felt great today so that was not an issue. Okemo has done a very good job of blowing snow and has a good amount of terrain open. Solitude and Jackson Gore have some terrain open but I didn't venture over there and stayed on the main face. Took several different ways down to start the day and while definitely a little better then Bromley on Sat, it was pretty much typical eastern early season conditions. However I did find a ROD about 10:30 ish. They must have dusted and freshened Sapphire (Sp?) because it skied better then anything else I skied, but the crème de la crème for me was a nice little set of seeded bumps that started just above the bottom of the upper triple and went down to the entrance of Plunge from Mountain Road. Not terribly long or steep but a nicely formed set that was fun to ski and get back into the rythem of bump skiing. Lapped that about 6 times till the muscles said no more at about 12:30. All in all a pretty fun opening weekend. Great to be out there again.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Nice report. Good to see someone other than Cannonball got out. Minor death nuggets huh? And an ROD? That has something to do with death as well?

4aprice

Nice report. Good to see someone other than Cannonball got out. Minor death nuggets huh? And an ROD? That has something to do with death as well?

ROD=run of the day. Minor death nuggets = ball bearing sized ice chunks, not really bad just not soft packed powder and definitely not death cookies.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ