• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend of December 14th

BenedictGomez

Just bought my ticket for Sun at Platty, $25.99 on Liftopia.

Do you think they'll have much open even if they get 10"?

I'd do the same thing if I had confidence, but I'm thinking Sunday might be one of the rare times I hit the Poconos given they're the undisputed World Champtions of snowmaking. I'm thinking 8" on top of their "fake-base" might be nice.

Cannonball

Bought liftopia tix to bromley for 37 bucks for sunday. trying to decide if it's worth it to head up sat afternoon and stay somewhere close or make the drive sunday am from hartford.

Driving will be a lot tricker on Saturday than Sunday.

I disagree with Bill on this. It will be just getting going Sat but will have piled up by Sunday morning. I'd say you've better off going as early afternoon as you can Saturday.

Capture.jpg

moguler6

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Do you think they'll have much open even if they get 10"?

I'd do the same thing if I had confidence, but I'm thinking Sunday might be one of the rare times I hit the Poconos given they're the undisputed World Champtions of snowmaking. I'm thinking 8" on top of their "fake-base" might be nice.

Don't know, but I've never been there and the price can't be beat.

I'll have a good time no matter where I go.

Tin

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
This sucker is winding up! Remember, these are NOT higher elevation forecasts. We could see significantly more up there. Bring a snorkel!

p120i.gif

Mullen

Went all in. Called out of work tomorrow am. And got a room for the night. Hoping this pans out

SnowRock

Of course my mother in law is flying home from fla this weekend on Sunday.... Kind of cramps my style. Thinking I will hit hunter or Wyndham tomorrow then will have to be the pokes on Sunday for a few hours in the event she actually gets in on time.

ScottySkis

Of course my mother in law is flying home from fla this weekend on Sunday.... Kind of cramps my style. Thinking I will hit hunter or Wyndham tomorrow then will have to be the pokes on Sunday for a few hours in the event she actually gets in on time.

Sounds like a good plan. I think any where in the Catskills this weekend will be awesome.:)

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
SnowRock - didn't you get the memo? All the flights on the eastern seaboard are going to be delayed or canceled!

Cannonball

Any caring son in law would pony up the cost of a flight change so she can come in midweek and be safe. ;)

BenedictGomez

I think if they get a foot the double side will open.

Really? Am I just totally flaking out or wasnt it only about a week ago they had bare ground and no snow where there wasnt snowmaking? I'd definitely go to Platty rather than the Poconos if I thought the conditions would be same/better.