• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend of December 14th

ScottySkis

I might be at Hunter Saturday, if it dumps then Platty on Sunday . Will see. It be cool to make turns with people from here.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Local weather here in the NEK from the Fairbanks/Eye on the Sky guys this morning hinted that this region is likely to get snow shadowed as usual by the Whites :thumbdown:.
I knew shadowing was going to be likely since that is pretty typical of the circulation with these big coastal storms. He said to expect a light to moderate event here (translation 3-6"). Everywhere else in northern NE is due for a pounding.

Hopefully we can pull off at least 8" to get things started around here.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I'm pointing the snow tires north from Boston on Monday toward wherever has the most appetizing pow. If anyone wants to carpool, let me know. It will be a long and difficult day, but someone has to do it ;) :beer:

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
On another note, this morning is one of the rare occasions we get lake effect flurries/snow squalls from Lake Huron here in northern VT! Winds are just right and there is nothing to squeeze the moisture out between here and there.

wa-loaf

You can thank me for failing to get my snows put on last week. Shop stripped my wheel lock key. Need to get to VW where they can remove them with the master set and just put some good old lug nuts on so I don't need to deal with that again ...

skifree

You can thank me for failing to get my snows put on last week. Shop stripped my wheel lock key. Need to get to VW where they can remove them with the master set and just put some good old lug nuts on so I don't need to deal with that again ...

not sure what kind of lugs you have but got mine off with a monkey wrench a few years back.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Thanks!

Do what I did - overtighten the nuts so they snap off when you are driving. Easy off, but I had to get new bolts. :dunce:

wa-loaf

not sure what kind of lugs you have but got mine off with a monkey wrench a few years back.

Wheellocks have special lugs that take a specific "key" to take off. You can't do it with a standard wrench.

skifree

Wheellocks have special lugs that take a specific "key" to take off. You can't do it with a standard wrench.

my jeep had a wheel lock on each rim...used a 6 to 8 inch monkey wrench and they came off like butter...

probably doesn't work on all locks...good luck

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
+1 me to. I hopefully this happens. I PM you if I go to Platty.

I like this forecast.

Roxbury NY
7 Day Forecast

Binghamton, NY
NWS Weather Forecast Office

This
Afternoon
sn20.png

Slight Chc
Snow

High: 23 °F

Tonight

nsn50.png

Chance
Snow

Low: 12 °F

Thursday

sn30.png

Chance
Snow

High: 17 °F

Thursday
Night
nsn20.png

Slight Chc
Snow

Low: 11 °F

Friday

sn20.png

Slight Chc
Snow

High: 22 °F

Friday
Night
nsn20.png

Slight Chc
Snow

Low: 15 °F

Saturday

sn60.png

Snow
Likely

High: 24 °F

Saturday
Night
nsn70.png

Snow
Likely

Low: 17 °F

Sunday

sn50.png

Chance
Snow

High: 30 °F

wa-loaf

probably doesn't work on all locks...good luck

Yeah, they are recessed in the rims. No way to get a grip on them. The tireshop will pay for the work, but I just have to find time to get in and get it done.

Anyway looking forward to a good dump this weekend!

steamboat1

There's nothing stopping me from driving up to VT. Monday morning for a couple or few days if they get a good storm. Actually was planning a few days anyway next week since my pass is blacked out over the holiday.

ScottySkis

I pulled a Scotty with the copy/paste.

I love that forecast. Just so you know Platty only planning on opening couple trails off the triple for Saturday.( opening day) but I think they get a lot of snow they will open it all up.