• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend of December 14th

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
dec-13-prb_24hsnow_ge04_2013121212f072.jpg
this is a prob of >6" for the period through Sunday. Sorry about the size.

Models are also suggesting the snow will continue on into Monday. We'll see, I sure hope so.
Base building = more trails :)

Last edited:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
day3_composite.gif

Attachments

• day3_composite.jpg
    day3_composite.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 78

SnowRock

The weather guys I follow for the local forecast think the ratios are going to start off in the 20:1 range and therefore believe totals will be higher with this system. This was their post of the GFS for Sunday.. looks petty good for the cats and dacks

GFS

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
The weather guys I follow for the local forecast think the ratios are going to start off in the 20:1 range and therefore believe totals will be higher with this system. This was their post of the GFS for Sunday.. looks petty good for the cats and dacks

GFS
Some serious drugs going down there. 20:1 is going to be blower pow, not really what we need right now...

Cannonball

Pow in the Now!!

Everyone has been blowing snow like crazy for over a month. There is plenty of base to go around. I'm tired of turning on man-made. What we need is something to get deep in. We spend far too many seasons saying "Well it's good base building" for month after month.

Yes, 20:1 in the trees right now is still not going to be skiable. But guess what...it's New England we are going to get warm ups. And today's pow will be tomorrow's base.