• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How Many Ski Days so far 2013/14

WWF-VT

Today was day 52 for me and I am done for the season as it was the last lift served day at Sugarbush.

Edd

I'm calling the season at 35 days. Aside from the year I blew my knee, that's the lowest in the last 8 years, maybe.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

chuckstah

Day 55 yesterday at Kmart, and 56 today with a hike up little Pico. At only about 600 vertical I feel that it doesn't really count. It was snowing at the top!

steamboat1

32 @Killington
3 @ Sugarbush
3 @ Stowe
2 @ Pico
1 @ Bromley
1 @ Catamount
1 @ Middlebury

That's a wrap.

Not sure if it's the most days I ever skied in one season but it's close.

dlague

Well we skied 36 days well below the 40 I wanted to get in. However, this will change for next year! For this year we had a great mountain distribution for a total of 19 ski areas visited with 5 first time visits. Loved the variety!

* first time

Waterville (5)
Jay Peak (4)
Killington (3)
Ragged Mountain (3)
Gunstock (3)
Cannon (2) *
Saddleback Mountain (2)
Bretton Woods (2)
Bolton Valley (2)
Stowe (1) *
Sunday River (1)
Dartmouth Skiway (1) *
Suicide Six (1) *
Okemo (1)
Magic (1) *
Burke (1)
Smuggs (1)
Pats Peak (1)
Black Mountain, NH (1)

jrmagic

I wound up at 30 which is the lowest I can remember in a long time but it was a very busy year for me work wise plus I hurt my knee which curtailed the number a bit.

xwhaler

Ended 4/13 at Cannon w/ 25.
Like dlague, I enjoy the variety---15 different mtns with 2 new (Dartmouth Skiway/Black Mtn of ME)
Avg Cost/Visit=$21.79

chuckstah

Hit 60 yesterday at Kmart. May get in a tux day on June 1st if the weather cooperates otherwise I am done.

dlague

Ended 4/13 at Cannon w/ 25.
Like dlague, I enjoy the variety---15 different mtns with 2 new (Dartmouth Skiway/Black Mtn of ME)
Avg Cost/Visit=$21.79

Damn you beat me with my average cost being $22.71, driven up primarily due to late season skiing where deals were far and few between. Still got decent deals but it cost more than my average. Take the last three visits out and my average was 21.91 - you still won! So... You ended early - relatively speaking.

On another note - hope to make it to Black Mountain of ME next year.

xwhaler

Damn you beat me with my average cost being $22.71, driven up primarily due to late season skiing where deals were far and few between. Still got decent deals but it cost more than my average. Take the last three visits out and my average was 21.91 - you still won! So... You ended early - relatively speaking.

On another note - hope to make it to Black Mountain of ME next year.
This is my 3rd yr tracking cost/visit. Have gone $29.19 (24 days), $20.09 (16), $21.79 (25) with a 3 yr average of $24.10/visit.
BMOM is great---we caught it after a 12" snowfall and everything was wide open and fresh lines. They have some fun gladed terrain the locals are constantly expanding.
It will likely be an annual tradition for us to stop at BMOM on the Friday during AZ Summit wknd. $15 tickets sure helps that cost/visit average!

yeggous

Grand total: 68 days
----
Attitash - 9
Bretton Woods - 10
Black (NH) - 1
Burke - 1
Cannon - 4
Cranmore - 6
Crotched - 9
Jay Peak - 5
Sunday River - 3
Wachusett - 2
Wildcat - 19
----

I am really disappointed with myself for not getting to 70. I could have done it if I have chased snow in May, skied the two days I skipped due to a hangover and rain, or just manned up in general.

steamboat1

If we are figuring cost per visit I'll break it down two ways. For the 9 days I skied at areas I had to buy a lift ticket my average cost was $33.35. This average was helped considerably by one day at Mt. Ellen (Sugarbush) only costing $6.50 for a ticket. Otherwise that average would be a little over $40. The most expensive ticket was one day at Stowe costing $46.

For the 34 days I skied at the area(s) I have a pass to my daily cost came out to $13.35.

Last edited:

AdironRider

Went for a tour this morning and put the summer wax on the board thereafter.

Wyoming had a decent April and May for real snow and I was able to tack on 15 more days than I was expecting to (I usually pass on hiking for spring conditions).

Final tally: 141 days, a new personal best by 3 or 4 or so.

I think I might go quality of quantity next year, a lot of these were marginal or just a couple runs just to say I did it.

skiNEwhere

At A-Basin yesterday I talked to a guy on the lift with me, who was probably in his mid 50's, and he stated he was calling it for the season after that day, which was day 200 for him.

I was taken aback a little so I straight up asked him " are you yanking my chain" and he said he wasn't, he's gotten out almost everyday this season.

So assuming this is true.....WOW

The conditions at A-basin yesterday definitely fell into the category of "Any skiing is better than none at all"

It was kind of rainy, then "dippin dots" snow, then thunder and lightning which closed the mountain for half an hour. Pali was closed for the year on Tuesday, the upper and lower east wall were closed, along with Zuma bowl. Snow was very slow and slushy.