• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend of Dec 14th - observations

mlctvt

I'm at Mount Snow. The mountain's snow report is reporting 14 inches and from the look of my deck and burried car it looks accurate!
It's 17 degrees and still snowing.

I'm just hoping that the wind stays down so there won't be any wind holds.

Last edited:

Cornhead

Got a good foot overnight, Binghamton, all before midnight. In Oneonta now, drizzle all the way here, surface temps in the 20's, icing on windshield wipers and headlights.

hammer

6-8" near Nashua, heard reports of sleet in Lowell but I don't see any here. Had a little bit of compacting. Hoping points north did as well of better.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I'm at Mount Snow. The mountain's snow report is reporting 14 inches and from the look of my deck and burried car it looks accurate!
It's 17 degrees and still snowing.

I'm just hoping that the wind stays down so there won't be any wind holds.

How wet/dry/heavy is the snow? Trying to ascertain the rain/snow line.

xwhaler

A foot of dry fluff here in Epping NH

Sent from my VS980 4G using AlpineZone mobile app

deadheadskier

Staff member
Solid foot at crotched. Fairly dense snow. Good base building snow. Light freezing rain now making for poor visibility. Kinda like skiing through snow guns. They've dropped the ropes on essentially the whole mountain. Fun skiing just wish I could see better.

dmw

Wachusett is ditto this ^^^^. The fog / icing may be easing a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

deadheadskier

Staff member
Wachusett is ditto this ^^^^. The fog / icing may be easing a bit.

Yeah the good news is the freezing rain stopped. Bad news is I am typing this from a lift that hasn't moved in 15 minutes.

dmw

Yeah the good news is the freezing rain stopped. Bad news is I am typing this from a lift that hasn't moved in 15 minutes.

Are you down now hopefully? They had problems getting the lifts going at Wawa this morning but no one was on them yet. Icing I think.

Quietman

Are you down now hopefully? They had problems getting the lifts going at Wawa this morning but no one was on them yet. Icing I think.

Looks like everyone is off the Rocket, and Valley is running.

deadheadskier

Staff member
The whole ordeal lasted maybe a half an hour. They lost power to the lift somehow and it took them some time to get the auxiliary power supply up. Lift was stopped for about 20 minutes before ski patrol skied down and let people on the chairs know what was going on. That to me is key; communication. It makes being stuck up there more tolerable. Once they got some power they ran it at a creep, slower than loading speed and it took another 10 minutes or so to make it to the top. I decided to peace out after that and get home to watch the Pats lose. :rolleyes:

Got a text from Tin around 3:20 saying the Rocket was back in operation.

xwhaler

Solid foot at crotched. Fairly dense snow. Good base building snow. Light freezing rain now making for poor visibility. Kinda like skiing through snow guns. They've dropped the ropes on essentially the whole mountain. Fun skiing just wish I could see better.

Nice. If I didn't have diaper duty woulda joined you. Ropes dropped in glades? I do need to get back there when it's 100% open

Sent from my VS980 4G using AlpineZone mobile app