• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend of Dec 14th - observations

Cannonball

Love the anticipatory buzz in this thread! Just hope that everyone is using the forecasts to decide where to go not 'if' to go. The conditions are really good right now even without this storm and whatever we get will be sweet. Enjoy it wherever you end up!

SnowRock

Oh, did you mean about snowfall?

Saw your post on epawa... I just finished the drive down from hunter and live in western Morris county. Stopped at a fine establishment near me and we are around 1,100 ft and it's by far the heaviest snow of the trip around here. I think be pokes should do well with this.

BenedictGomez

Saw your post on epawa... I just finished the drive down from hunter and live in western Morris county. Stopped at a fine establishment near me and we are around 1,100 ft and it's by far the heaviest snow of the trip around here. I think be pokes should do well with this.

Everyone says it will end as rain. I dont see how that's likely now, it's 21 where I am and the r/s line is still a good 30 miles south of me. I think the Poconos will stay 100% snow for sure.

Cornhead

Puking in Binghamton NY, 6" so far, visibility is very low, blowing pretty good. I hope Platty is getting the same!

BenedictGomez

Agree hopefully that line stays around 78

Whelp, I'm practically on top of 78 and it's frozen pellets now. Thought I might escape with all snow, but at least we got though most of it that way given this will probably only go 2 more hours.

I'd say I got 5", less than the 6"-10" they called for yesterday.

SnowRock

Whelp, I'm practically on top of 78 and it's frozen pellets now. Thought I might escape with all snow, but at least we got though most of it that way given this will probably only go 2 more hours.

I'd say I got 5", less than the 6"-10" they called for yesterday.

Very light pellets up here by me about 20 miles north... Just changed over now. Buddy a bit further west towards PA says it's still light snow by him.

Bene288

Blower snow in Albany. It's coming down hard. Probably 6" already. About 14 degrees still.