• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Is something looming for sunday??

ScottySkis

Always finding the positive....love it!

Thanks I am really thinking of going North Vermont this weekend, anyone have a couch I could sleep on Lol. Maybe I try a hostile from that thread for Stowe or Jay. Any others from here want to split a cheap hotel room this weekend?
Bolton Valley Saturday and maybe the Bush on Sunday I glad I got my Vermont ski card.

4aprice

I havent looked at precipitation, but it's supposed to get VERY warm for at least 2 days (21st and 22nd I believe). Might hit 70 in VA and 60 in NJ, so I imagine 50 is a possibility up north.

After that 2'ish day warm up it's going to get VERY cold again, so yeah, if there is rain, either get out your hockey gear or dont go skiing.

I'm having a hard time seeing how it gets so warm. Not that I don't believe it but even here in NNJ we have pretty decent snow pack right now. It seems to me that until its wiped out (there are predictions of this) it would have a pretty hard time getting to the temps they are saying. Got to track this closely as I'm due to be up at Gore this weekend for a race. We shall see.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

dlague

That right there counts you out.

Hahaha! Well not totally we plan on going to Black Mountain of Maine ($15) on Xmas Eve and Sunday River on Xmas which is the last day of their movie voucher (comp technically $20 for the movie)! Then we will bite the bullet in New Year's Eve at Gunstock! So not a total loss.

steamboat1

Tomorrow looks like they might pick up a couple/few inches. With my knee that's enough for me, don't know if I can handle anything deeper yet. Heading up in the morning so I have my fingers crossed. That'll be it for me until after the holiday

Change of plans. Didn't feel like driving in the snow this morning so I postponed till tomorrow. It would be different if I was already up there & only had to drive 10 miles to the ski area but why drive 280 miles in snow if you don't have to. I'll still get 3 days of skiing in which was the original plan anyway.

ScottySkis

Saturday the 21 I thinking maybe going to Mountsnow and Sunday the 22 the Bush hopefully it will not rai? at MT snow to Saturday night. What do other forecasts see for this scenario?

yeggous

Saturday the 21 I thinking maybe going to Mountsnow and Sunday the 22 the Bush hopefully it will not rai? at MT snow to Saturday night. What do other forecasts see for this scenario?

12Z GFS is in and it looks warm and wet Saturday evening through Monday. You might be able to squeeze something in Saturday or Monday, but Sunday looks like a total wash.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

dlague

I sure hope that we do not get too wet or else water will get deep in the base and a refreeze with out new flakes will suck. Hopefully Sunday River will be far enough north!

Quietman

12Z GFS is in and it looks warm and wet Saturday evening through Monday. You might be able to squeeze something in Saturday or Monday, but Sunday looks like a total wash.

But the 12z NAM is trending colder for Friday's smaller event. Sunday does not look good at this point. I'm heading up to the Crotch to enjoy this afternoon's fresh pow!

4aprice

Great.....and I will be at Gore on Sunday for a race. At least Whiteface looks ok for Saturdays race.

See ya at Gore Sunday. Not sure I'll ski with the forecast but I'm scheduled to be there. The boy will be excited to hear your son will be there. He enjoyed him last year.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

skiberg

I think there is still some hope, albeit slight. Weather Canada is calling for snow for around Montreal north. Also, the GFS and Euro are not in agreement. I think GFS is showing a chance for more snow than Euro. If this thing can move a little East we may end up ok. I don't see any way around rain, but we may be able to get a snow-rain- snow event, with some decent wrap around moisture in the backend. really need someone who is an expert to give an opinion.

yeggous

At this point my best guess is that you *might* squeeze in skiing on Saturday before the rain starts. Sunday looks like a total washout. Monday will be one of those days that likely starts as slush and refreezes as the day progresses. Tuesday is back to winter, but we'll probably have lost all the ungroomed. Get at it by the end of this week if you want it!

BenedictGomez

Tuesday is back to winter, but we'll probably have lost all the ungroomed.

Hopefully resorts groom all the ungroomed in anticipation of the weather. I'm a HUGE proponent of natural trail skiing, but you have to use common sense in terms of preserving your assets.

steamboat1

Tomorrow, Thurs & Fri are going to be sweat. Probably just hang at K & not venture around. To early to be burning coupons although I could hit Mountain Snow (sp?) on the way up for $35 (ski club app. day). Doubt it though.

ScottySkis

So still thinking of doing Mountain snow on Saturday and Sunday the Bush has weather forecast stayed the same for the weekend?

Quietman

12z GFS is trending colder to include a good dose of freezing rain. I'd rather have plain rain than power outages. I just hope that we can still move the track farther south!!

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Local weather here is saying there is potential for a significant freezing rain event. We have had little wind since all of our snow fell and the branches of the evergreens are loaded with snow. Adding a bunch of freezing rain weight to those branches could be VERY messy.