• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Is something looming for sunday??

4aprice

12z GFS is trending colder to include a good dose of freezing rain. I'd rather have plain rain than power outages. I just hope that we can still move the track farther south!!

The best hope right now would be for it to track further to the northwest keeping the huge slug of rain to the west of the northeast. It will get warm but less precip. Expect it to be quite foggy this weekend in the mountains.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

ScottySkis

The best hope right now would be for it to track further to the northwest keeping the huge slug of rain to the west of the northeast. It will get warm but less precip. Expect it to be quite foggy this weekend in the mountains.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

For Jay and or Stowe rain their to?

skiberg

Based upon what I am seeing, it looks like you are going to need to get north of Montreal to be certain for an all snow event. So it appears yes at least some rain at Jay and Stowe and a real chance for a devastating ice storm. Elevation is not going to help with this storm as it is very powerful warm air overriding the cold. I think it the higher you go the warmer it will be.

dlague

Kind of sucks because the perfect conditions we have been experiencing will disappear and turn in to refrozen surface that will get skied off quickly with the break coming up. Xmas day skiing might not be so good! I am crossing my fingers for the best!

ScottySkis

Based upon what I am seeing, it looks like you are going to need to get north of Montreal to be certain for an all snow event. So it appears yes at least some rain at Jay and Stowe and a real chance for a devastating ice storm. Elevation is not going to help with this storm as it is very powerful warm air overriding the cold. I think it the higher you go the warmer it will be.

Can't do Canada maybe I skip this weekend and stay local and have memories of last weekend beautiful snow in my head.

skiberg

NE skiing can be so frustrating. Just as it gets good, the weather gods spoil it. However, if we get several inches of sleet, it might not be all bad and might set a hell of a bottom in the woods.

Big Game

Hot water can freeze faster than cold water. It's crazy but 100% true. It's call the Mpemba effect. Yeah. Unf'nbelievable!

So I says, yeah forecast, keep it up, keep it up, that is all the quicker that more SNOW is going to fall down on our precious Christmas dreams.

Rowsdower

Unfortunately I can't go beyond the Poconos for XMas eve, and the refreeze is making me consider waiting until after Christmas when I can head further north. Looks like comparatively smooth sailing on the long range forecasts after this warm up, and possibly snow on New Years Day. Should be sufficient time to recover.

ScottySkis

On Saturday how much rain while skiing in West Dover Mountain Snow lol? I thinking ski with water outer coat . Then drive to Jay, Smuggs stowe, Bush maybe Sunday have a half snow day up here. Snow was so great last weekend don't want to say hookers good bye.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Have fun I was thinking either Burke or Stowe or Jay for Saturday and no skiing Sunday. I be looking foward to your trip report.
Burke is a day trip and I won't be back until late, so not sure I'll get it posted before you leave. Burke is mostly ungroomed right now, which is what I'm looking forward to.

ScottySkis

Burke is a day trip and I won't be back until late, so not sure I'll get it posted before you leave. Burke is mostly ungroomed right now, which is what I'm looking forward to.

I watch the weather if looks like snow and not to much rain I probably drive to Burke on Saturday and maybe ski Sunday to. Still have fun Billski great great conditions now enjoy it.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
tday4.gif