• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Is something looming for sunday??

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
tday4.gif

Oh the Horror!!!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I might go to Mountainsnow tomorrow wet snow I be okay with ic I don't like.
Go to Mt. Snow. From what I hear, the bad weather comes in tomorrow/sat night. NH has Ice Storm warnings on their variable message boards on the highway tonight from the top of the state to the bottom. But whatever you do, get a good coat of wax on your skis. Preferably hot wax and preferably above 0C wax.

ScottySkis

Go to Mt. Snow. From what I hear, the bad weather comes in tomorrow/sat night. NH has Ice Storm warnings on their variable message boards on the highway tonight from the top of the state to the bottom. But whatever you do, get a good coat of wax on your skis. Preferably hot wax and preferably above 0C wax.

Thanks for advice. I probably if I fall asleep soon. Drive from were I live 3.5 one way I do it. Glad you enjoyed QQQ BURKE lol today. Less then .08 of rai tomorrow during the day no bad.I got great shell. It be fun ride in bubble stay dry no crowded. I sold .
Wax at Mountainsnow probably. Thanks for the tips.:)

steamboat1

Eye in the sky forecast in VT. today was for all rain south of rt.2. Rain, freezing rain & all kinds of funk thru southern Quebec. All snow at sea level for Quebec City.

dlague

Was hoping to hit Gunstock but my family does not feel like making spring weather turns! Feeling bummed out about this weather! I am ok with this in March but this weekend not so much. Refreeze will happen in Christmas Eve day which sucks since we planned on skiing then! Probably be a a skating rink or death cookies every where! Obviously not taking this well!

xwhaler

Refreeze will happen in Christmas Eve day which sucks since we planned on skiing then! Probably be a a skating rink or death cookies every where! Obviously not taking this well!

I'm planning to be at Pats on Tuesday burning a voucher. Haven't been on skis in 3 wks and am itching so will just make the best of it!

Sent from my VS980 4G using AlpineZone mobile app

Warp Daddy

We are in the middle of a serious ICE storm a half inch down last nite , another half inch to an inch expected overnite as the heaviest freezing rain is expected tonite . Shades of our great ice storm of 1998 , sure hope power stays on . Our entire extended family was coming today but that is on hold till Monday and that is contingent on POWER . Ice is the worst condition , you can move snow with equipment but this crap renders you damn near helpless

ScottySkis

We are in the middle of a serious ICE storm a half inch down last nite , another half inch to an inch expected overnite as the heaviest freezing rain is expected tonite . Shades of our great ice storm of 1998 , sure hope power stays on . Our entire extended family was coming today but that is on hold till Monday and that is contingent on POWER . Ice is the worst condition , you can move snow with equipment but this crap renders you damn near helpless
Sorry Warp be safe.

fbrissette

Been raining all day up at Jay. Temps in the high 30s. Depressing.

Tin

In 72 hours at Crotched it went from 18" stashes in the trees to dirt patches and thin cover on main trails. Hope they get rain so they will be able to blow.

Quietman

The bumps on UFO were great on Thursday night, but it was tempered by the fact that they would be gone very soon.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
In 72 hours at Crotched it went from 18" stashes in the trees to dirt patches and thin cover on main trails. Hope they get rain so they will be able to blow.
When Peaks brought in the snowmaking equipment it was amazing to see that they could blanket all the slopes in 7 days. Say what you want about its size, that's pretty impressive relative to the amount of revenue generated.

Tin

There are no bumps to be had. The ones under the Rocket have rock and dirt in the troughs. The bumps themselves are so soft you go through them. UFO is almost bare and there is dirt and rocks showing.on.Satellite and Plutos. They might be staring lower Plutos from scratch come Monday.

Tin

When Peaks brought in the snowmaking equipment it was amazing to see that they could blanket all the slopes in 7 days. Say what you want about its size, that's pretty impressive relative to the amount of revenue generated.

Love it but they cant when the snowmaking pond is mud. Actually hoping for rain or they wont recover until a few good storms.

Cornhead

Your area is a major topic on The Weather Channel, good luck Warp, hope all goes well for you and yours, ice sucks. Merry Christmas, if that's possible.