• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Is something looming for sunday??

skiberg

It appears we may be looking at another chance for a decent storm Sunday. Anyone got any info on this?

Tin

Little bit of snow for southern New England tomorrow afternoon/night. Saw freezing rain/rain for Friday for most areas.

ScottySkis

I hope so I thinking south Vermont Mountainsnow unless rai* and snow for north Vermont. I wonder what weather people think for upcoming weekend of 21 and Sunday the .22.

Savemeasammy

There is another possibility out there for something around New Years. I follow some of the bloggers on accuweather. Even though they tend to predict 15 out of every 3 storms we ACTUALLY get, it is still fun to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skiberg

I am wondering that myself, but the forecast are still calling for all snow. Keeping the fingers crossed, but a lot of people have been saying its setting up for a warm storm somewhere in the near future.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Early indications from what I've seen is that you're going to have to go north to get snow.

Of course, it also depends if the storm is at night or during the day.

steamboat1

Tomorrow looks like they might pick up a couple/few inches. With my knee that's enough for me, don't know if I can handle anything deeper yet. Heading up in the morning so I have my fingers crossed. That'll be it for me until after the holiday. It would be nice to see them get some good snow for the holidays like last year. Historically though skiing usually isn't very good during the holidays. I often feel bad for families whose only opportunity to ski together is between Christmas & New Years.

dlague

Tomorrow looks like they might pick up a couple/few inches. With my knee that's enough for me, don't know if I can handle anything deeper yet. Heading up in the morning so I have my fingers crossed. That'll be it for me until after the holiday. It would be nice to see them get some good snow for the holidays like last year. Historically though skiing usually isn't very good during the holidays. I often feel bad for families whose only opportunity to ski together is between Christmas & New Years.

Isn't very good because there are no deals, coverage can be crappy, and often it is crowded because of winter break! Oh and yes the weather can vary!

dlague

Early indications from what I've seen is that you're going to have to go north to get snow.

Of course, it also depends if the storm is at night or during the day.

I see %ain or freezing %ain for Sunday based on reports that I see so far which stinks because we will end up with another refreeze. Crossing my fingers!

BenedictGomez

I havent looked at precipitation, but it's supposed to get VERY warm for at least 2 days (21st and 22nd I believe). Might hit 70 in VA and 60 in NJ, so I imagine 50 is a possibility up north.

After that 2'ish day warm up it's going to get VERY cold again, so yeah, if there is rain, either get out your hockey gear or dont go skiing.

skiberg

Nothing I see yet seems to be able to pinpoint the track of the storm. If it comes in west it will probably be to warm, but if it stays east looks like we may get pounded. I think the verdict on this thing is still quite a bit off. Keep the faith.

JDMRoma

I havent looked at precipitation, but it's supposed to get VERY warm for at least 2 days (21st and 22nd I believe). Might hit 70 in VA and 60 in NJ, so I imagine 50 is a possibility up north.

After that 2'ish day warm up it's going to get VERY cold again, so yeah, if there is rain, either get out your hockey gear or dont go skiing.
Will be HAPPY to be on a plane to Steamboat Saturday morning……Yay me !

ScottySkis

Stowe and Jay rain so maybe I will not go away this weekend for skiing and stay home and speed no money.

skiberg

Here is NWS outlook as posted on NEK. Even this is better than flat rain.
...A MORE INLAND TRACK OF THE LOW IS EXPECTED AND THIS WOULD
SUGGEST PERHAPS SOME SNOW AT THE ONSET FOLLOWED BY A CHANGEOVER
TO RAIN AND THEN SOME SNOW ON THE BACKSIDE. WHILE A VARIETY OF
TRACK SCENARIOS EXISTS...THE IDEA THAT CHANCES FOR PRECIPITATION
WILL BE INCREASING ON SUNDAY LOOKS MORE AND MORE LIKELY. HAVE
INCREASED CHANCES FOR RAIN AND SNOW ON SUNDAY...BUT STILL KEPT
PROBABILITIES IN THE CHANCE CATEGORY.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
650x366_12161706_hd24.jpg

I don't normally use emoticons, but....:puke: