• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday river 11/15/2013

castleman003

Date(s) Skied: 11/15/2013

Resort or Ski Area: Sunday River

Conditions: great

Trip Report: The day started out amazing, downside was that the whole mountain got skied up very quickly and by 2 PM it wasn't much worth staying any longer especially if you had been there since 8 AM
They didn't have a whole lot of great trails open. Anything to the right of Spruce was closed, aside from north Peak if you count that. there were a small # of Black Diamonds open which was a little disappointing but all in all it was a great day just wish there had been more open. I guess I can't really complain for it only being the middle of December and I had a Powder day

Vortex

White Heat, Obesssion and Upper tempest were great until mid day. White Heat had a crowd on it. Earliest open any of us can ever remember. The western Section did not open until later and no much challenge on that side was availible. Sunday was by far my best day of the year. Some natural snow trails opened later in the day. First day of packed powder that was not man made for me as well. A little of everything.