• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Labrador Mountan (Truxton, NY) Weekend Meets

Mpdsnowman

I dont know if there are many from my area on here but if anyone wants to come to my home mountain for weekend fun we have weekend meets where we get together and rip some serious powder. Labrador isnt the biggest mountain for sure but it has awesome powder terrain and a great place to ski and ride. A full day pass from 9am to 10pm is 48 bucks and you wont find better terrain in the area.

These weekend meets has sort of become a training senario for the Jay trip I put on. People have come from the NE to ride here in preparation for Jay. But if anyone does live in the area or may be coming thru during the holidays and want a great day on the slopes you just post it up in here.

Here is what you can expect..

Mpdsnowman

not even that far it south of syracuse just off 81. Very easy to get too. Like i said its not the biggest but we get pure snow where others have to hang on for systems. Of course I say that and its supposed to rain today and tomorrow but then it comes back quickly.

Heres another one from last week. But yea the invite is surely open. Most who come here come back for more as compared to hunter/bell where crowds rule lol...You will find it much more peaceful here for sure lol...

ScottySkis

not even that far it south of syracuse just off 81. Very easy to get too. Like i said its not the biggest but we get pure snow where others have to hang on for systems. Of course I say that and its supposed to rain today and tomorrow but then it comes back quickly.

Heres another one from last week. But yea the invite is surely open. Most who come here come back for more as compared to hunter/bell where crowds rule lol...You will find it much more peaceful here for sure lol...

Looks very nice I like to come up maybe hopefully this winter I like fresh snow and small hills( Platty) .
I live off Rte. 17 in southern Sullivan County NY.

Mpdsnowman

ohhh its not too far from you. Sure wont be doing anything this weekend lol. All this rain , wow. no skiing or riding around here till monday at least. They say a severe ice storm up north not good.

Mpdsnowman

Well we got our 12 inches and more....nothing like catching that powder exactly when it hits lol..Got a good crew coming next weekend for some glade training if anyone in the area is interested or passing by...

Mpdsnowman

Thanks but were not shootin today lol. Its lightly snowing and the temps are dropping big time like all over the NE....If we get what were supposed to get with this lake effect tomorrow it should be bang on at that point ...we shall see lol

Mpdsnowman

Boy was it cold the other day. We figure....if the mailman could deliver in -20 wc we could ride some ice corduroy lol...

By the time we got to the bottom which isnt very far lol. My hands were frozen...

Now we did get more snow and today was excellent. They opened the southern peak which is where the off bounds glades are. I didnt go in far this time just because....but its gettin there...If anyones in the area you might wanna join in next weekend....forecast gets better...

Cornhead

Sweet, nice vid, love your music choice, looks like your own private hill. Greek was awesome yesterday too, everything skied great, open and closed, even the glades, what a surprise, I wasn't expecting a pow day, bonus! Headed up this morning, enjoy some groomers before the warmth and rain take their toll.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Mpdsnowman

tks...

Yea I was suprised there was that snow. Syr wasnt doing anything but once I got to Lafayette you could see it points south. Didnt greek put up a new quad???

Cornhead

tks...

Yea I was suprised there was that snow. Syr wasnt doing anything but once I got to Lafayette you could see it points south. Didnt greek put up a new quad???

Yep, spankin new fixed grip Doppelmayr, conveyor load. They're spinning it no faster than chair 1. I've heard differing stories, one that it's being broken in, and will run faster after, or they have no plans on running it any faster than it is now. The first time I rode it, it stopped a lot, apparently from people having trouble disembarking, I can't imagine anyone but Nick having trouble loading it.;)

Mpdsnowman

Yep, spankin new fixed grip Doppelmayr, conveyor load. They're spinning it no faster than chair 1. I've heard differing stories, one that it's being broken in, and will run faster after, or they have no plans on running it any faster than it is now. The first time I rode it, it stopped a lot, apparently from people having trouble disembarking, I can't imagine anyone but Nick having trouble loading it.;)

Lol I heard it was slow. some guys were talking about it at lab last week lol. That would make sense that they would run it low in the beginning for abit....Im sure they would speed it up say if it were really busy...

thanks jay. wish I had more stamina to go today but after cooking six hours at the dome yesterday for the NC game I gotts to crash lol...

btw congrats to the patsy fans on here. I didnt think luck had and luck in NE..Bob Kraft is getting old though lol

Warp Daddy

Sweet vid , we were out in that polar vortex stuff tooo up at Titus , great skiing conditions tho , fast baby !!! Got to use my new Polarwrap heat exchanger full mask under the helmet . it was. Toasty

Mpdsnowman

Lol I got a couple of those "polar hoodies" . I bought them at a boat show of all places lol. They have those three strings you pull tight. They did help alot in weather like that. We barely made three runs before we would have to go inside for abit...Just saw the weather. Snow is coming back after tuesday...

titus is a fun mountain...you guys get any of that snow up there or were you above the ban (a ban being the description of lake effect for those who dont know)

Warp Daddy

Forgot to say that LAB is a phun place to ski , we have. Been there several times with my family ski posse whenever we stay at my bro i. Laws place in new Hartford ........always liked Lab