• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Some news from the Kingdom

MVinME

Very shortsighted on the big Q's part. Hopefully people don't lose sight of all the awesome up there and I bet the local community figures out a way to rally. Go to NEMBAfest on Darling Hill in 2014 and laugh across the valley at the big Q.

mlctvt

I guess the new owners just don't get it. I was married in the Northeast Kingdom (Lyndonville) in 1992 and spent considerable time in the area. My best man liked the area so much he moved up there, he built a house on lake Willoughby. While building his house he lived in the condos at Burke. Back in the early 90s the whole East Burke area was absolutely deserted in the summer. I was pleasantly surprized when cycling in the area the last few summers how KT has transformed the area. What a shame someone new takes over and messes things up.

I was thinking about taking a weekend up there this year and skiing Burke ( Sorry it's still Burke to me) but I've decided not to give these people my money.

My friend who still lives in the area now drives to Cannon or other NH resorts instead of skiing Burke which is just a few miles from his house!

snoseek

from their FB, things maybe looking up?Dear Kingdom Trails Supporters,
We would like to thank everybody who has voiced their support, concern, and willingness to help out over the past few days. Few organizations enjoy such a demonstrative, loyal membership. For that we feel truly thankful and humbled.
In regards to some of the comments that we’ve seen online in the past few days, we want to put a plug in for our community, many of who...m include our friends who work at the mountain. The employees and management of QBurke Mountain Resort are a big part of our community here. We have, in most cases, worked with these folks for years. They’re our neighbors, friends, co-workers, and family members. While we respect your decisions in terms of voting with your wallet, we want you to know that everyone in this community, including Kingdom Trails, would feel the impact if you choose to enjoy your outdoor recreation- including skiing and snowboarding- elsewhere. Please don’t let the events of the past few days change your plans for the winter. We ski at and ride Burke, and plan on continuing to do so.
We also want to assure our users that cooler heads will prevail. Interested parties have reached out and stated that they would like to seek a resolution to our current situation. We are encouraged by the news, and look forward to a conversation that explores any future collaborations with QBurke that would best serve our community, our users, and our organizations.
We wish you all a happy holiday season, and hope to see you at the KT Nordic Adventure Center on Darling Hill soon.

Sincerely,
The staff and Directors of Kingdom