• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pics of the new terrain at Pats Peak opened today

atomic68

2nd time at pats, went once about 12 yr ago- unexpected bonus that new terrain and lift opened Today!! conditions were perfect pp and powder

Attachments

• P1000106.jpg
    P1000106.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 146
  • P1000108.jpg
    P1000108.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 147
  • P1000104.jpg
    P1000104.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 144
  • P1000107.jpg
    P1000107.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 145
  • P1000105.jpg
    P1000105.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 145

Savemeasammy

I will have to check it out tomorrow when I'm there with my little guy. Is there anything "high capacity" about the new lift?

When I was there last weekend, it looks like they had blown a lot of snow. If they are not 100%, they must be pretty darn close...? Even though they didn't open as early as they could have, they've definitely stepped up now that they are. Hopefully they come out of the weekend ok.

Were they letting anything bump up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xwhaler

Nice pics! Doesn't look like the new terrain will be all that exciting but it should spread crowds a bit off the top.....I will be there on Tuesday checking it out

Sent from my VS980 4G using AlpineZone mobile app

thetrailboss

Staff member
Nice! Thanks! It looks pretty flat, but they did what they could with what they had. Are the trails nice and long?

Savemeasammy

FWIW I spent two seasons at Pats Peak, so I think I can comment.....

I probably should have thrown one of these ;) in my comment. I've never been to snowbird, but I feel like I'm qualified to say the following: I wish that were the mountain in my backyard rather than Pats! Wink, wink...!

thetrailboss

Staff member
I probably should have thrown one of these ;) in my comment. I've never been to snowbird, but I feel like I'm qualified to say the following: I wish that were the mountain in my backyard rather than Pats! Wink, wink...!

No worries man--I thought you were being sarcastic. If you're ever out here, look me up. Sorry if my comment sounded dicky.

Savemeasammy

No sweat. I do speak fluent sarcasm, but I meant my comment in a more self deprecating way.

thetrailboss

Staff member
No sweat. I do speak fluent sarcasm, but I meant my comment in a more self deprecating way.

I speak those languages as well.

When are you going to Pats? I'd love to see a TR since I have not been there since 2006 or so. It was a fun place.

Savemeasammy

I was there for a bit last Sunday for the 12ish inches if powder. I mostly skied hurricane, which was in good shape. Twister was open as well. It had huge whales on it that looked fun, but the deep snow made them slow to get up and over. I did one run on cyclone. It was ok, but on a powder day you spend most of your effort on the run out. My last run was a poach and run on tornado. From below it looked like it would be fun. Lots of whales, and on skiers left, some of them had drops of 3 or 4 feet. In reality it was powder over death cookies and frozen soccer balls! I might have been able to find better lines had I skied it again, but I had other plans and I had to head out!

I may head over for a bit today with my 6 year old - depending on the r&!n. I'm sure I'll be there this week, too. It looks like they've blown plenty of snow, so they will be ok after the weather. Conditions will be of the typical firm and fast variety later this week!

dlague

FWIW I spent two seasons at Pats Peak, so I think I can comment.....

Pats is in my backyard too and there is a lot of flat unless you lap FIS or Twister. Heading down Cyclone, Tornado, or Hurricane you have to deal with that runout to the bottom or back to the lodge. At best they will spread out the crowds!

It seems like the new terrain is a response to Crotched's HSQ.

We ski there a few times each season so I know! It is a very well run operation and is a great feeder mountain! I am interested in seeing the new trails but the last new trail was a bust!

Savemeasammy

I wish they would put some effort into expanding their advanced offerings. They could clean up vortex for a great top to bottom run. There could also be some fun and challenging glades down the front of the mountain.

Savemeasammy

I skied a lot more Cascade Basin terrain today than I would have liked! It's great that pats was able to expand, but this new stuff is well suited for novices and aspiring intermediates. When I get my 4 year old on skis, I will take him to cascade basin after I feel like he is accomplished in the valley area. I expect this will be a quiet little corner of the mountain once everyone satisfies their curiosity.