As a ski/snowboard instructor, what do you always carry in your coat?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question As a ski/snowboard instructor, what do you always carry in your coat?

First, sorry if this is the wrong forum, I wasn't 100% sure where to post this.

So, my question, for any of you who teach skiing and/or boarding, what do you always carry around in your instructing coat?
    I always like to have ski wax, edgie wedgie, ski scraper, and tissues.

Just trying to get an idea what I should/could add to my coat for this year!
    Thanks!

I'm not an instructor but I would think a small first aid kit and/or CPR mask if you're qualified wouldn't hurt
    2017/2018 Days - 88
    2016/2017 Days - 34
    2015/2016 Days - 57
    2014/2015 Days - 58
    2013/2014 Days - 47

When I taught I always carried candy / little chocolates (Halloween sizes) for the kids. I guess these days you'd better know more about chocolate / nut allergies though?

Ski schools should keep a secret stash of kids gloves, hats and goggles handy; if they didn't, I'd consider getting a few cheapies or last year's lost and found cast-offs.

Also, business cards to give folks after a lesson so next time they ask for you specifically.

I carry a sandwich in my pocket because during the holiday periods there is sometimes no time to go in and eat!!!!
    Go for the snow!!!!!!

For adults I always carried duct tape, wax, screw driver (for skis I was certified on) and cell phone. Sometimes a trail map to give them recommendations to go once the lesson is over. For kids I carried pretty much everything above as well as anything that I thought might keep their attention (I used to haul around a stuffed Scooby Doo). Frisbees worked really good as markers for turning as well as kids enjoyed pretending to use them as steering wheels. It did a pretty good job at keeping their weight forward.

I always carry two pair of the dollar store one size fits all gloves. When someone drops a glove off the lift, doubling up two of these on one hand can get them through the lesson. They also work great as liners on a cold day.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMadWorld View Post
    Frisbees worked really good as markers for turning as well as kids enjoyed pretending to use them as steering wheels. It did a pretty good job at keeping their weight forward.
    I like this. Next time we get together, I am going to say something like "hey, will you watch Jackson (my 4 year old) for a second...?" Then I'm going to ditch you two for the day! It sounds like you'd be a far better teacher than me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Savemeasammy View Post
    I like this. Next time we get together, I am going to say something like "hey, will you watch Jackson (my 4 year old) for a second...?" Then I'm going to ditch you two for the day! It sounds like you'd be a far better teacher than me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Deal. And then you can spend time teaching me how to ski bumps....When the knee heals!

Deal. And then you can spend time teaching me how to ski bumps....When the knee heals!

He does ski bumps well.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Thread Information