• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Unofficial New Hampshire gathering

yeggous

I fell off the face of the Earth over the holidays due to excessive skiing. I'm at 34 days on the season already and that does not come without a price when you have a full-time job. I sent out the inquires to Wildcat and Cannon a few days ago but have not yet heard back from either.

Lots of people indicated that Feb 22-23 worked best. I am not opposed to Superbowl Sunday, February 3 as an alternative. There are lots of deals already advertised for that date. For those who want to stay in a ski club in North Conway, that will be a good weekend. Mine is having a great apres ski party that evening and another one is hosting a classier night party.

yeggous

Still no word from Wildcat, but I did hear back from Cannon. Their response was less than enticing.

I'm now in favor of shooting for Superbowl Sunday at Cannon for their 2-for-1 special. Who knows the mountain well enough to help organize this?

For those looking for "local" accommodations, I'd be happy to host people at my ski club in North Conway on Friday or Saturday night for $25 / night. We'll definitely be skiing somewhere on Saturday and are hosting a big apres ski social on Saturday that should be lots of fun.

MadMadWorld

Still no word from Wildcat, but I did hear back from Cannon. Their response was less than enticing.

I'm now in favor of shooting for Superbowl Sunday at Cannon for their 2-for-1 special. Who knows the mountain well enough to help organize this?

For those looking for "local" accommodations, I'd be happy to host people at my ski club in North Conway on Friday or Saturday night for $25 / night. We'll definitely be skiing somewhere on Saturday and are hosting a big apres ski social on Saturday that should be lots of fun.

Can't make the party but I'm in for skiing that day.

xwhaler

I also was planning on being there as well----no need for lodging but see everyone up there.

mishka

Usually on Super Bowl I ski at wawa but Cannon sounds so much better. Count me in, maybe with a friend
This is going on the one day event?

yeggous

Usually on Super Bowl I ski at wawa but Cannon sounds so much better. Count me in, maybe with a friend
This is going on the one day event?

Right now I think that is the plan. I'll certainly be out for a half day on Saturday, probably at Wildcat if the snow is good.

mishka

I'll be on my skis with demo binding definitely can make "demo" day if anybody will be interested to try them out

yeggous

I don't know the mountain well enough to take charge on this one. Can somebody else step in?

JDMRoma

I will be there when they open. I would say we meet at 9 and maybe check in again at 10 in case there are stragglers.
They open at 8:15 at the tram and 8:30 on the Peabody lift……….if the wind aint howling Ill be heading to the tram before 8