• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Unofficial New Hampshire gathering

yeggous

As much as I would like to join the summit at Sugarloaf, I have a race scheduled at Bretton Woods for that weekend. So...

I'm thinking about hosting an unofficial gathering in New Hampshire. Who would be interested? Dates are negotiable. I'd be happy to host whoever is interested at my ski club in North Conway, or you would be free to get a room at the numerous hotels throughout the Mount Washington Valley.

Ski club guest fees are $25/night. We could easily bring in a chef to offer meals for $5 for breakfast and $15 for dinner. The clubs already offer apres ski and night socials (with an available bus for transportation) that we could join.

We could try to arrange a group discounts on tickets. Within an hour drive there is Cranmore, Black, Attitash, Wildcat, Bretton Woods, King Pine, Loon, and Cannon.

Thoughts?

Savemeasammy

An AZ get-together in NH is a good idea. All NH resorts are drivable for me, so no lodging is necessary. Could we get a group discount somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeggous

An AZ get-together in NH is a good idea. All NH resorts are drivable for me, so no lodging is necessary. Could we get a group discount somewhere?

That probably depends on the number of people. If we can tag it onto one of the ski club race days, then that is very easy. Right now the races are:

Jan. 4 - Bretton Woods
Jan. 25 - Black
Feb. 8 - Bretton Woods (was supposed to be Cannon, but they cancelled on us)
Mar. 1 - Wildcat

Don't feel bound by these dates. I can always approach areas individually about a discount.

xwhaler

I'd be interested in meeting up as well but living in NH I too I will probably day trip it

Sent from my VS980 4G using AlpineZone mobile app

yeggous

I mean, it's got to be Cannon or Wildcat, right?

You'd think. I assume that not everyone will be day tripping so Wildcat is attractive due to its proximity to the valley. It's also the home mountain for all of the ski clubs and so it will be easier for me. I already know who to talk to at Wildcat / Attitash.

I see two obvious ways to approach this:
1) Wildcat / Cannon on Saturday, and somewhere more hangover-friendly on Sunday.
2) one on Saturday and the other on Sunday.

Superbowl weekend stands out as a good week to do this since several mountains already have advertised specials on Sunday.

Bumpsis

I definitely would be interested since due to scheduling conflicts, I'll miss the Sugarloaf AZ summit.
If the meet up is at Cannon - that's an easy drive up for me for a day trip and apre ski socializing.
If at Wildcat - I'd probably explore the possibilty of staying as a ski guest at the Ski Club.

Savemeasammy

I can do any place (although it's likely I would only do Sunday for crowd purposes), Loon and Cannon are more accessible for potential day trippers. The closer it is for most, the more successful the weekend will be. That being said, if there plenty of over-nighters I would be happy to go to Wildcat (only been once) or Attitash (never been). If I do Bretton Woods it will be with the wife and kids.

Cannonball

I like this idea and would definitely be up for skiing with you all. My work/life schedule sucks for making plans more than 1 week out. So pick a date/place, let me know, and I'll do my best to make it.

My pass at Cannon and house in Lincoln certainly make Cannon easiest for me. But I have a goal of getting to more places this year and I love Wildcat. So I'm either place is equally OK with me. I wouldn't say no to Black either.

xwhaler

Would it make any sense to try and pair this with a Ride and Ski tour stop date? Maybe 1 day the deal could be a ski club day or however you work that and the other could be for RSNE deal?
The Tour stops are fun and they have a band playing with drink specials, swag giveaways etc.
MWV/NorthernNH Schedule
2/21 Shawnee Peak (2 for 1)
2/22 Black Mtn ($35)
2/23 Attitash ($49)
3/15 Wildcat (49)

Just a thought.

skifree

group rate is $48 @ the cat and $46 @ cannon

minimum of 20 people needed

yeggous

Crowds at only a problem at Wildcat on a few days each year: typically the Saturday after a big Nor'Easter when the Cat got the jackpot. The rest of the year there are no real lines to speak of.

I'm going to reach out the Cannon and Wildcat / Attitash to ask about a potential deal. I'll try not to box us in, but have the following in the back of my mind:

- Saturday at Wildcat, with Attitash as a backup in case of a summit wind hold (which happens a lot)
- Sunday at Cannon

The challenge with the group rates is that they want a deposit, guaranteed minimum, and single method of payment. Anybody have experience working out deals for groups like this?

BackLoafRiver

Odd...I just did a group trip for the ski club I advise at school and didn't have to worry about any of that. I just called their group sales people, gave her a head count three days out, and then she billed the school. I could have paid by check on site but that bungs things up with regard to cancellations. It was WAAAAY less of a hassle than I thought. They just said "1 free ticket per 10 paid" so, 10 was their minimum.

If you can get a tentative head count, call the PR people and let them know, I think they can work it out. Let me know how I can help.

Tin

Count me in. Just let me know where and when. Cannon, Att, or Wildcat would be great. BW if the woods are covered.