• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

December 29-30

wakenbacon

Just checked in and impatiently waiting in lincoln, nh. Will be at loon tomorrow, thanks for the map. :snow:

Big Game

Solid rain in Manchester. Equinox peak looked like snow. Came back to Okemo. Rain/snow line on Rt100 was S. Ludlow Mtn.

ScottySkis

Hey Scotty, just heard that it's snowing pretty good at Platty:grin:

:) cheap tickets to be had to through liftopia for 44$. Good looking out not sure if be powder but should help with base, still don't know where I be but I think Mountain Snow ( lol) Monday, Platty on Tuesday, and Bellaire on Wednesday( potterbrothers.com had flex tickets Bell is $38 on New Years day, and that flex ticket is good several dates. Hopefully you be out having fun turns.

C-Rex

:) cheap tickets to be had to through liftopia for 44$. Good looking out not sure if be powder but should help with base, still don't know where I be but I think Mountain Snow ( lol) Monday, Platty on Tuesday, and Bellaire on Wednesday( potterbrothers.com had flex tickets Bell is $38 on New Years day, and that flex ticket is good several dates. Hopefully you be out having fun turns.

Scotty, I'm thinking of hitting mountain snow tomorrow as well. I have some vouchers and would be willing to toss you one for $30 if you want to meet me in the morning. Let me know.

ScottySkis

Scotty, I'm thinking of hitting mountain snow tomorrow as well. I have some vouchers and would be willing to toss you one for $30 if you want to meet me in the morning. Let me know.
That would be awesome I was going to use my ski Vermont card but this is cheaper. It cool to meet you. I will try to their around 8 am but not sure with weather , I have red snow pants on.
Pm sent.

Euler

Puking snow in Putney,VT. Some of the bigest flakes I've ever seen! Radar looks like it'll only keep up for another hour or so. My guess is we get a dense 6 inches out of this.

C-Rex

Looks like it should be some nice surface conditions tomorrow but the wind could be a problem. Hopefully it doesn't cause wind holds. If the crowds aren't bad it'll definitely be a bubble lift day at Mount Snow.

yeggous

7 inches and still snowing at my ski club in North Conway across the street from Cranmore.

CoolMike

Anyone have any idea how Attitash might ski tomorrow after the storm? I've read all the recent trip reports and it sounds like as of yesterday it was pretty crappy there. I'm definitely riding tomorrow the question is where. I've got pre-paid vouchers to Attitash I could use but I would save them and hit up Ragged or Cranmore if the conditions are better elsewhere.

yeggous

The good news is that Attitash has a solid base off trail. If you're looking to ski the ungroomed then Attitash should be okay, though they don't really have good glades. I suspect the groomers will get bumped up and scraped clean. The hordes will be out in force.

8.5 inches with a band or two still left to go. Gotta save my legs for the bump fest tomorrow.

Nothing like a fresh snowfall, bright sunshine and BUMPS!

drjeff

Looks like it should be some nice surface conditions tomorrow but the wind could be a problem. Hopefully it doesn't cause wind holds. If the crowds aren't bad it'll definitely be a bubble lift day at Mount Snow.

official Mount Snow forecast is for winds out of the NW at 10-40mph tomorrow - if that's the case, wind holds won't be an issue. They were gusting in that neighborhood yesterday , but out of the South, and that's usually a much tougher wind angle for safe lift operations than NW at those velocities. And no wind holds yesterday.

I've kind of learned that with respect to wind and wind holds and Mount Snow, that unless I see a forecast with gusts in the 50+ range, then I'm not too concerned about wind holds, especially on the Bluebird as that lift, as long as the bubble is down, has far exceeded us Mount Snow regular's expectations about the winds that it could safely operate in

C-Rex

official Mount Snow forecast is for winds out of the NW at 10-40mph tomorrow - if that's the case, wind holds won't be an issue. They were gusting in that neighborhood yesterday , but out of the South, and that's usually a much tougher wind angle for safe lift operations than NW at those velocities. And no wind holds yesterday.

I've kind of learned that with respect to wind and wind holds and Mount Snow, that unless I see a forecast with gusts in the 50+ range, then I'm not too concerned about wind holds, especially on the Bluebird as that lift, as long as the bubble is down, has far exceeded us Mount Snow regular's expectations about the winds that it could safely operate in

Thanks for the info, Doc. That's good to hear!