• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

December 29-30

deadheadskier

Staff member
The good news is that Attitash has a solid base off trail. If you're looking to ski the ungroomed then Attitash should be okay, though they don't really have good glades. I suspect the groomers will get bumped up and scraped clean. The hordes will be out in force.

Attitash or Wildcat tomorrow.....what's the better pick? I'm heading up in the morning. PM me if you want to make some turns.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Well this has been a screwed up storm. I looked at the radar around 6:00 this evening and it was showing rain here in N VT (which was true) and snow in central/southern NH. How the hell does that happen?

yeggous

Wildcat has no base snow on the summit and very little near the bottom. At my club we're thinking Attitash, but Wildcat and Bretton Woods are on the table. It will be a game time decision.

yeggous

It's called dynamic cooling. Feel free to google it.

8" and still snowing in North Conway.

yeggous

Little drizzle in North Conway right now. Club is calling is audible and heading to Bretton Woods.

Savemeasammy

On Facebook, sugarbush is reporting 4-6, and MRG reported ZERO. Very strange if it's true...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xwhaler

7 to 9 here at magic. Just poached mystery. Rocky underfoot but fun.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AlpineZone mobile app

Attachments

• 1388412135620.jpg
    1388412135620.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 73

Tin

Planned on heading up today, called out of my internship....now replacing an alternator. Wasted day...I'll just work from home this afternoon and tonight and hope Thursday's snow pans out and shoot for Friday.

twinplanx

Planned on heading up today, called out of my internship....now replacing an alternator. Wasted day...I'll just work from home this afternoon and tonight and hope Thursday's snow pans out and shoot for Friday.

Sucks when something we take got granted let's us down. Wouldn't the faulty alternator have kept you from internship as well? Technically not a wasted day if fixed and work from home today...

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

Tin

Sucks when something we take got granted let's us down. Wouldn't the faulty alternator have kept you from internship as well? Technically not a wasted day if fixed and work from home today...

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

Blessing in disguise. Glad it happened now and not at Jay next week 250 miles from home.

yeggous

Bretton Woods was phenomenal today. Lots of ungroomed terrain and a few glades. Happy day!

Snow in the valley was crusty due to freezing rain. Heard that Wildcat was piles with lots of ice. Attitash did not open much ungroomed and steeps were skied off.

yeggous

Oh and who has seen the lines at Bretton Woods this year? Out of control. They are like Loon or Vermont now that they are giving away season passes to children.

ScottySkis

Mountain snow beautiful powder. Glades I went in to had some stems sticking out. Crowds not to bad for holiday. I love skiing real snow and great conditions sorry for others I thought this storm was going to be epic for everyone. Nice soft moguls by afternoon on north face. 15 wait for singles line on bubble chair. I put up pictures tomorrow lots driving today this morning was bit of ice and slush on Rt 100 surprising that it was that bad a few miles the resort, great day today. I wish there was a way to beam my self to the hill, I don't like route 9 going from NY curvy Mountain Road.