• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

January 2nd - 3rd storm

Smellytele

Well this is one map I have seen...

650x366_12311409_hd27.jpg

Savemeasammy

I was thinking the same thing....or Pats / Crotchet / sunapee
No Fn sense driving up to BW for that.....WTF !!

Pats won't be worth it. Spread the word! Tell your friends! ;) ;) (I will be there just in case I'm wrong...!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenedictGomez

Hey BG. Bastardi posted the 5,10 and 15 day ECMWF snow prediction maps on twitter. If that comes true, HOLY you know what. "Sweet dreams are made of this".

Yeah, there's another storm that the models want to develop behind this one. Far out though, but fingers crossed.

BenedictGomez

Here's the hot-off-the-press 12z snowfall map.

Remember, these maps default to 10:1, which is wrong in this case since it's going to be pretty cold, so multiply snowfall amounts you see by 1.5. Catskills and Berks win on this run.

Mappage.jpg

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
You guys have had a rough December, but it'll come. And when it does let's hope it doesn't stop.
It is more than just this past December. Short of one single storm in late March last year, the central NEK has been in this loser pattern for going on three years now (see my previous comments about my snow stake). Burke (and Dartmouth Skiway) were the last resorts in the entire NE (maybe the entire east!) to record a single event snowfall of 12" or more (that late March storm). And it was so late in the season and on such a thin base that it was too little too late to really get to enjoy it. It started to melt almost as soon as it fell.