• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

January 2nd - 3rd storm

wa-loaf

For everyone thinking of skiing on Friday, it's going to be wicked cold. Here is the current forecast for Killington:

jan03
Snow Showers
Snw Shwrs
-9°-18°

High temp of -9, low of -18, with 15mph winds. Just food for thought.... Even Crotched will be have high of 4, low of -12.

Boot warmers with a boot glove and good to go!

jaysunn

Wow those are some frigid numbers for Friday. However, Nothing feels better then being prepared, with all the correct gear on a peak. It's an amazing feeling. Girly got me the new marker thermals. Can't wait to test them.

BenedictGomez

For everyone thinking of skiing on Friday, it's going to be wicked cold. Here is the current forecast for Killington:

jan03
Snow Showers
Snw Shwrs
-9°-18°

High temp of -9, low of -18, with 15mph winds. Just food for thought.... Even Crotched will be have high of 4, low of -12.

Yup, that aint happening. I'm even worried for Saturday, fingers crossed the arctic air retreats.

planb420

Thinking of hitting up Berkshire East this friday....anyone think they will get enough to have full glades? Want to make my first trip up there so i dont have to risk getting caught poaching woods locally...

Thinking of hitting up Berkshire East this friday....anyone think they will get enough to have full glades? Want to make my first trip up there so i dont have to risk getting caught poaching woods locally...

Berkshire East should be a good bet.

NAM goes gangbusters lol. E MA in a raging blizzard Friday morning.

BenedictGomez

NAM goes gangbusters

Yup, too bad it's the NAM! But on the positive side, even when it spits out ridiculous pcp it usually at least grabs the trend. So it wouldnt shock me if the Euro and GFS improve at least a bit too.

I'll be interested to see if the GFS comes west a bit given it's eastern bias, which would be a nice thing for ski country.

MadMadWorld

My guess is the snow will be really light and that could be bad news for a non existent base in the woods.

drjeff

NWS - keeps revising the temps DOWN up here at Mount Snow - the forecasted high for Friday is now -1 with a low of -19!!! And that doesn't even include the big winds forecasted too!!

Bundle up big time if you're going to go for it on Friday!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

MadMadWorld

NWS - keeps revising the temps DOWN up here at Mount Snow - the forecasted high for Friday is now -1 with a low of -19!!! And that doesn't even include the big winds forecasted too!!

Bundle up big time if you're going to go for it on Friday!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

Yikes....even I'm starting to reconsider.