• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

January 2nd - 3rd storm

Savemeasammy

2-4 inches per hour possible for some. Wow. Hopefully this storm tracks a bit further north than they think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catsup948

Berkshire east would not be a good bet for the woods if you like your bases. I was there a couple days ago and there is no base outside of man made snow. A foot of snow would help things big time!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

MadMadWorld

There is so much in flux with this storm that the track change on almost an hourly basis. I have a feeling many of us won't be making decisions until right before.

BenedictGomez

There is so much in flux with this storm that the track change on almost an hourly basis. I have a feeling many of us won't be making decisions until right before.

Amen. So much could change still. But if you look at trends, the one thing that has been remarkably consistent is that all guidance suggests s.NE in the jackpot zone. Catskills and Berks and s.VT etc...

Also, if you look at trends, the one model that was somewhat pessimistic was the Canadian (wanted to put a big chunk of the precip shield OTC), and now even that shows a big snowstorm over land.

BenedictGomez

Here's what I mean with the Canuck.

It still has the best snowfalls farther east than any of the models, but it moved way west from prior (a very good sign).

Even where I am in NJ I would get about 9" from this run, and before it only wanted to give me like 3" or 4".

Canadian.jpg

BenedictGomez

Second Canuck model is in.

Pretty much the same idea as the other models, but this one is the most north of all the models and basically takes NJ and NYCs snow and gives it to central VT. Remember to multiply the snow on this map by 1.5 for actual totals since the default is only 10:1.

Bc6NNV1CAAAPfqo.png:large

MadMadWorld

Second Canuck model is in.

Pretty much the same idea as the other models, but this one is the most north of all the models and basically takes NJ and NYCs snow and gives it to central VT. Remember to multiply the snow on this map by 1.5 for actual totals since the default is only 10:1.

Bc6NNV1CAAAPfqo.png:large

I think you missed your calling in meteorology!