• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weed & skiing/boarding in Colo.

legalskier

Resorts are taking different approaches now that it's legal.

'Unless reckless skiing becomes an issue, Wolf Creek's 400 seasonal staff will leave it to Forest Service officers to enforce the law. Citations for public consumption carry a minimum $250 fine and possible court summons, and a maximum fine of $5,000 and six months in jail. "It's their job, not ours, to enforce that," Pitcher said. "They are up here quite often. They ski around. Sometimes they ski around undercover." '

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_24420837/colorado-ski-slopes-differ-marijuana-tolerance

But it's legal to get tuned up with on a hot toddy in the lodge pub at lunchtime then head out to the slopes?

Here's one suggestion:
"Have stoner slopes- No trees, hay buffers all the way down, post a speed limit"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...76.html?ncid=txtlnkushpmg00000037&ir=Politics

Will legalization in Colorado really change anything on the slopes anyway?

Smellytele

Visitors to the state will have no place to legally smoke unless they stay at a place that allows smoking. More so in Denver where they will not allow a business to open that allows it. I heard in Pueblo that they will license businesses to allow it in smoking gardens. Residents of the state are allowed to smoke in their own residences.

twinplanx

Sorta creepy that undercover officers are paTROLLING ski slopes. But if I was a cop, this would be a fantastic assignment.

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

TropicTundR

Sign me up...I'll paTROLL for free if they give me a Siberian Husky or St. Bernard scent dog...AND a pooper scooper

Last edited:

bdfreetuna

January 1st, 2014. The day cannabis became legal to possess and consume for millions of Colorado residents. Also, the day all Colorado skiers and riders who already smoke cannabis thought in unison, "Maybe I should try skiing/riding and smoking weed together!"

bobbutts

Find it a bit retarded that it's legal now, and one rule is replaced with 100's of rules
Also I don't think there are any rules against or way to easily detect someone is consuming edibles, so that's one plan of attack.
You could also get a personal vaporizer, like an e-cig, but with weed extract instead of nicotine juice.

BenedictGomez

Find it a bit retarded that it's legal now, and one rule is replaced with 100's of rules

I dont really care whether pot is legal or not, but the Obama Administration is setting a very dangerous precedent here by basically choosing which Federal Laws to enforce and which Federal Laws to not enforce, and he's been doing it with various laws since he's been King.....I mean president.

Other presidents, Bush, Clinton etc... regardless of party enforced laws that they didnt like (i.e. a Democrat enforcing a law Democrats dont like or a Republican enforcing laws Republicans dont like), but this administration more than any other enforces Federal Laws based on whether they "like" them or not.

Edd

January 1st, 2014. The day cannabis became legal to possess and consume for millions of Colorado residents. Also, the day all Colorado skiers and riders who already smoke cannabis thought in unison, "Maybe I should try skiing/riding and smoking weed together!"

I'm sure that's occurred to all of them years ago.

skiNEwhere

I saw a sign at mid-Vail last week stating that marijuana is not legal to smoke in public. I wish I took a pic

C-Rex

If you keep things to yourself it will never be a problem. It's none of their business until you make it their business by flaunting it in front of them. Do it off in the woods or on an empty chair, just like we always have, and no one will have a reason to go over-enforcing stupid rules. Just because you are free to do something doesn't mean you have to shove it in everyone's face.