• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow Ridge Five Feet Plus...Again

Cornhead

My new business venture is snow harvesting. Take from those that don't want it and bring it to those who do.

Oh they want it, more for snowmobilers than skiers though. Tug Hill is a snowmobilers' paradise. I'm sure the local economy benefits greatly from the influx of their dollars. Snowmobilers in NYS can always throw their sleds on a trailer and head to the Hill if Ma Nature isn't cooperating back home. She almost always delivers on the plateau early in the season before Onatario cools off. They even sell ethanol free premium gas for sleds there.

Huck_It_Baby

Oh they want it, more for snowmobilers than skiers though. Tug Hill is a snowmobilers' paradise. I'm sure the local economy benefits greatly from the influx of their dollars. Snowmobilers in NYS can always throw their sleds on a trailer and head to the Hill if Ma Nature isn't cooperating back home. She almost always delivers on the plateau early in the season before Onatario cools off. They even sell ethanol free premium gas for sleds there.

I've been skiing there when they have their snowmobile race up the hill.

Very loud...lots of rednecks...slednecks.

Rambo

I've been skiing there when they have their snowmobile race up the hill.

Very loud...lots of rednecks...slednecks.

They did those snowmoble drags at Greek Peak a couple of years ago. 900 feet up an inclined slope... the unlimited's were mostly 3 cylinders about 900 cc, and I think about 120 mph at 900 feet and the fuel for the unlimited was nitro. The unlimiteds were very very loud!

Cornhead

Another awesome day on the Tug Hill plateau! Just a dusting, for Snow Ridge, 12". Skied great, funky carveable beneath thanks to the recent thaw and rain. Was relieved my knee felt pretty good all day, staying overnight, LES is supposed to shift South, could be real good tomorrow. Watertown got pounded yesterday, 3ft+. Just a couple pics as my phone's battery is kaput.
1389219919381.jpg
Very cool Sunrise, I should have got out of my car, dirty windshield.

1389220007776.jpg
Obligatory North Slope shot.

1389220082913.jpg

1389220109689.jpg

Cornhead

Ha, I've been considering moving within NYS. I'ved skied Snow Ridge more than my home hill, Greek Peak, and I'm 150 miles away. Greek is 37 miles from home. I see on SR's Facebook they're claiming 15", that's a tad optimistic IMHO. No worries, the foot skied great. Did I miss any 14 page pissing matches on AZ today?;)

ScottySkis

Ha, I've been considering moving within NYS. I'ved skied Snow Ridge more than my home hill, Greek Peak, and I'm 150 miles away. Greek is 37 miles from home. I see on SR's Facebook they're claiming 15", that's a tad optimistic IMHO. No worries, the foot skied great. Did I miss any 14 page pissing matches on AZ today?;)

Looking like your powder king this year. I got to go one time with you to the Ridge. Great pictures. Today we had an awesome thread on bra trees on the hills.

Cornhead

I like SR's lift tickets today. It wasn't bad at all, zero this morning.
1389223181970.jpg