• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow Ridge Five Feet Plus...Again

Cornhead

Here we go again, with this latest arctic blast, 5+'forecast. Maybe I'll try McCauley, they'll probably get skiable amounts!

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM THIS
MORNING TO 1 PM EST WEDNESDAY...
...WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO
6 PM EST TUESDAY...

* LOCATIONS...JEFFERSON AND LEWIS COUNTIES.

* TIMING...LATE THIS MORNING THROUGH EARLY WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON.

* HAZARDS...HEAVY LAKE EFFECT SNOW...BLOWING SNOW WITH WHITEOUT
CONDITIONS...AND DANGEROUS WIND CHILLS.

* ACCUMULATIONS...3 TO 5 INCHES TODAY...MORE THAN 2 FEET
TONIGHT...MORE THAN 2 FEET TUESDAY...9 TO 18 INCHES TUESDAY
NIGHT...AND UP TO 2 INCHES WEDNESDAY...LEADING TO STORM TOTALS
OF MORE THAN 5 FEET IN THE MOST PERSISTENT LAKE SNOWS.

Last edited:

Warp Daddy

Do it , MacCauley is the real deal. If you like bumps make sure to try HELMERS its right under the lift ,you see some seriously good kids skiing it ;)

Cornhead

I saw some young guy from the chair at Platty over the weekend, so effortless, so powerful, I was so envious. Oh well, hopefully I come back in my next life to skiing parents.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I was just going to ask what is wrong with this picture, but this thread explains it. It's too bad it can't get as far as Whiteface. I'd be there in a NY minute.

StormTotalSnowWebFcst.png

Huck_It_Baby

McCauley currently closed and not reporting new snow. I wonder if they picked anything up?

Wish that last Map didn't cut off the snow fall East of Lowville. I'm trying to figure out if any of that snow blew much into the Western ADKs past Tug hill.

Last edited:

Cornhead

McCauley currently closed and not reporting new snow. I wonder if they picked anything up?

Wish that last Map didn't cut off the snow fall East of Lowville. I'm trying to figure out if any of that snow blew much into the Western ADKs past Tug hill.
I was hoping to ski McCauley tomorrow, and then possibly hit Gore Thursday, I bought the ISKINY voucher for Gore for $12, but I'm willing to eat it to ski some pow. Looks like I may be skiing Snow Ridge yet again, alright by me! I think I should start looking at property up there.:razz:

watkin

Cornhead you are starting to convince me.. I got in on a Plattekill voucher for ISKINY, but might think about hitting McCauley instead and eat the $12. It was gonna be my first time trying Plattekill too. McCauley will be open Thurs, they just closed mon and tues.

Huck_It_Baby

Cornhead you are starting to convince me.. I got in on a Plattekill voucher for ISKINY, but might think about hitting McCauley instead and eat the $12. It was gonna be my first time trying Plattekill too. McCauley will be open Thurs, they just closed mon and tues.

Did McCauley get much of the Lake effect?

watkin

Did McCauley get much of the Lake effect?

Don't know, but they will be open tomorrow to give a snow report. This is gonna be a game time decision.

Snow Ridge actually is a bit closer of a drive for me, and they most definitely will get more.

Huck_It_Baby

Don't know, but they will be open tomorrow to give a snow report. This is gonna be a game time decision.

Snow Ridge actually is a bit closer of a drive for me, and they most definitely will get more.

Would love a report back if you go!

Huck_It_Baby

Taking this image with a grain of salt McCauley is just on the outer reaches of 5-8 inches.

Lakeeffect.jpg

watkin

hmmm yea not the feet that i was anticipating. radar is showing nothing for old forge at the moment either.

Cornhead

Ski Snow Ridge, if they get as much as they're calling for, it'll be an experience you'll never forget...trust me. Platty will suck, everything on the good trails is gone after the 50 degree weather we just had. I was shocked at the web cam pic someone posted here on my TR from Fri/Sat.
image1.jpg

Looking a little better today, they got a little LES, not much though.

image1.jpg

Last edited:

ScottySkis

Platty got hit hard with rain the other day I would day skip it.

watkin

Yea, either one of these is looking like what I will do. There may be an outside chance that I can get my $12 refunded from Plattekill as well. I saw that webcam image too, sooo depressing.