• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This sucks and I am depressed.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Looking at Weather.com's percipitation map, most of ski country escaped with 1/2 an inch of rain. However, Burke got about 2 1/2 inches. Could've been worse.
More snow or rain coming Tuesday.

steamboat1

Looking at Weather.com's percipitation map, most of ski country escaped with 1/2 an inch of rain. However, Burke got about 2 1/2 inches. Could've been worse.

Well if most of ski country only had a 1/2 inch of rain the cloud most of been following me down all the way from VT. to Brooklyn. It poured in VT., it poured in the Berkshires, & it poured in the Catskills.

Not depressed, we have long way to go.

Terry

Still warm here this morning. Looks like spring skiing this morning? Hopefully. Will go and find out.

hammer

Still have a lot of white stuff covering my yard. Not sure how much of it is still snow.

Snow in the yard is neat for a bit but after a while I don't care, I'm more concerned about whether it's in the mountains. I actually would rather have less of it at home, gets in the way of running.

The blowtorch over the next few days won't be good but there's plenty of the winter season left. For now I'm just thankful for snowmaking and grooming.

Mpdsnowman

In syracuse we have no snow on the ground. 50 miles north they have 7 feet in some places lol. South of me where I ride they do have great snow on the mountain and so so on the ground.

Last year my mountain didnt open until 12 27. This year we opened a whole month early. For me this is a normal winter. and there is alot of tme to go...it just goes by so damn quick...

Warp Daddy

Still plenty of SNICE in our yard :wink:, hey got to have lots of interests then this little speed bump called weather doesn't rule your happiness.

It'll snow again ,until then do other fun stuff.

Tin

Stowe and Killington got crushed. Looks like mid-November at K (aside from Bear Mountain having a few open) and Stowe lost some trails they have been blowing on since November. Just a typical January for New England, by they end of the month things will be back and we will get a few huge storms by President's Day.

skiNEwhere

I'm depressed and worried that my roof is going to blow away after reading the noaa forecast for tonight

"Tonight Widespread blowing snow and a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6. Wind chill values as low as -25. Strong and damaging winds, with a west wind 55 to 65 mph, with gusts as high as 120 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible."

ALLSKIING

Staff member
I'm depressed and worried that my roof is going to blow away after reading the noaa forecast for tonight

"Tonight Widespread blowing snow and a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6. Wind chill values as low as -25. Strong and damaging winds, with a west wind 55 to 65 mph, with gusts as high as 120 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible."
Gusts up to 120MPH.....That's pretty bad and if the case there is going to be a good amount of damage......Stay safe!

tomcat

Website
tomcatoutdoors.blogspot.com
It wouldn't be so bad if it only warmed up to rain as it has the past 3 or 4 weeks. Still lots of snow but you need a charge of dynamite to soften it. January was a bust last year too. Hopefully the optimists are right and winter will return with a vengeance with lots of white and no more ice or rain.