• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This sucks and I am depressed.

MadMadWorld

Sitting in the hotel watching it rain. Forecast for the rest of the week looks better but I'm hoping there will be something left to ski on. :( Temps are supposed to stay around freezing so hopefully things will remain soft so maybe it won't be TOO bad.

Well, there's always February..

Stay strong were pulling for you!

Wavewheeler

Stay strong were pulling for you!

:) Thanks! It sucks now but at least it's not supposed to be like this all week. Hopefully they will crank out the snowguns and if it stays warmer it'll be spring conditions and better towards weeks' end as they clean things up and build the base up for the weekend. The weekend warriors will be happy but I have to leave Friday night.

It's nice to be able to just get away. There's a beer bottle with my name on it for being in the hot tub later on. ;). It's good to be able to relax in any case.

I'm eyeing the long range forecast for more "opportunities". It'll get better. My daughter and I have already made plans to ski in 2 weeks for a day out at Camelback if it stays cold and hopefully snows a bit.

skiNEwhere

I've had some of my best ski days in the east when it was hovering around freezing and raining at the base. Recreation skiers go do something else like take a tour of the Ben and Jerry's factory while in reality it can be dumping at the summit and even mid mountain.

I hope in your situation this is the case, stay positive

Wavewheeler

I didn't buy a ticket for today. It's looking pretty grim but I'm hoping that tomorrow and thursday things will be good and that it's not so bad right now at the summit. Maybe a miracle will happen and they will get some snow up there tonight.

I'm going the next 3 days, unless they close the mountain. Judging by how hard it's raining I'm praying not. Fortunately it's supposed to stop and not freeze up and be windy like last week so it could be worse. We'll see..

I wish they'd shut the damn Weather Channel off here in the hotel lounge. It's depressing to listen to how much snow OTHER parts of the country is getting..:(

In the meantime I'm having a great time building up a nice fire in the fireplace here.

MadMadWorld

I didn't buy a ticket for today. It's looking pretty grim but I'm hoping that tomorrow and thursday things will be good and that it's not so bad right now at the summit. Maybe a miracle will happen and they will get some snow up there tonight.

I'm going the next 3 days, unless they close the mountain. Judging by how hard it's raining I'm praying not. Fortunately it's supposed to stop and not freeze up and be windy like last week so it could be worse. We'll see..

I wish they'd shut the damn Weather Channel off here in the hotel lounge. It's depressing to listen to how much snow OTHER parts of the country is getting..:(

In the meantime I'm having a great time building up a nice fire in the fireplace here.

Looks like they might pick up a couple inches on the back end tonight....knock on wood.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Just remember- It's a hellova lot better here than Tohoe and Cali.

Mammouth's snowfall numbers from their snow report:

This Season Last Season
Oct 10.0" Oct 18.0"
Nov 10.5" Nov 60.7"
Dec 24.5" Dec 147.1"
Jan 2.5" Jan 26.0"
Total: 47.5" 151.8"
Heavenly has 182 out of 4,800 acres. A whopping 3% of their total terrain.

Squaw has a deep 22 inch base.

Last year Northstar had 174 inches of snow in December. This year: 37".

Tin

Radar looks like snow at Cannon but I can't tell if the trees on the cam shot are white from snowmaking or today.

quiglam1

Sick of RAIN. Same weather pattern all winter. We get tons of snow - then the rain washes it all away. :sad:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Washed my car and vacuumed it all out, Rotated my Snowtires.....almost put my Summer tires back on figuring it would bring on a Snowstorm but decided on just taking out my snowbrush.

Im certainly in a Funk, If I hear one more person say they hope the rest of the winter is just like this past weekend I may go Postal !

You were more productive than I. I just went into a coma after a fine ski day last Friday. When I awoke, my yard was brown the the puddle was about 40 feet wide in my front yard. If one more person says "It's just like spring", I'll go postal postal.

chuckstah

Skiing the next two days regardless of conditions. I am leaning towards Sunday River over Loon due to terrain open, but will make the call early in the morning. I optimistically expect good spring conditions! In January! Not what it should be at this time of year but it is skiing. Beats work every time. The snow will come.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Skiing the next two days regardless of conditions. I am leaning towards Sunday River over Loon due to terrain open, but will make the call early in the morning. I optimistically expect good spring conditions! In January! Not what it should be at this time of year but it is skiing. Beats work every time. The snow will come.
Agreed. Mashed potatoes are much better than crunchy granola.

drjeff

Washed my car and vacuumed it all out, Rotated my Snowtires.....almost put my Summer tires back on figuring it would bring on a Snowstorm but decided on just taking out my snowbrush.

Im certainly in a Funk, If I hear one more person say they hope the rest of the winter is just like this past weekend I may go Postal !

It might take more.... wasn't it about the time your Soul 7's were delivered that this weather really got cr@ppy? ;) :poke:

You know what you've got to do for the sake of Eastern skiing this year! :spin: ;) :lol:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

skiNEwhere

It might take more.... wasn't it about the time your Soul 7's were delivered that this weather really got cr@ppy? ;) :poke:

You know what you've got to do for the sake of Eastern skiing this year! :spin: ;) :lol:

Yup, you must either burn the soul 7's, or put summer tires on your car after washing it by hand and parking it outside.

JDMRoma

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

No I think it was the week after they arrived….I did ask them to send some Snow back with them….still waiting !

I already Sacrificed the Goats last week…….didnt help :( will go the summer tire route this weekend if things don't change!